How can I add a button in the topbar or at least in the header at the end of the menu?

I want to have a colored and prominent button in the top right of my website. I think it would great to have it in the topbar where the social icons currently are (but bigger than they are), but I could settle for it being in the header at the end of my menu items if the first idea isn’t possible. Trouble is, I can’t figure out how to do either. I have Googled it for 2 hours with no luck.

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for writing to us.

It seems that you have already added the custom button on the Topbar right side. In case you want to link the button I would suggest you go to the Theme Option —>Header —>Topbar Content —>Add a custom anchor tag. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.
Theme-Options-X (7)

Or Since you are a Pro theme user I would suggest you create a custom Header where you would get a header builder, with the help of the Header builder you can design your custom Header and you can use the button element for the button as per your design.

Hope it helps
Thanks

I did attempt to add a button, but it looks absolutely awful, and I can’t figure out how to fix it. I like your suggestion of trying header builder. Where can I find that? When I click on the link you gave, it shows me a menu that I do not see on my site. I know that I did indeed upgrade to Pro, but I’m not sure the upgrade went through. The only options in my menu are: settings, page builder, theme options, templates, global blocks, and design cloud. I don’t see a header builder.

Hello Kelly,

Please make sure you are using the latest version of the Pro theme which is 5.1.5. Now you need to go to the Cornerstone—>Header Builder.

Dashboard-‹-TEST-—-WordPress

Click on the Plus icon to add a new header.
Pro (1)

Enter the Header title then click on the button “Create Header”
Pro (2)

Now you need to click on the Add bar button and then you can use the element as per your design or you can click on the “Use Template” button and use the prebuilt Header template.

Now you need to assign the Header layout. For that, you need to click on the Settings icon—>Assignment Condition.

Please have a look at the doc to learn more about how to set conditions

Hope it helps
Thanks

As I said in my last message, that is not in my menu. My Cornerstone menu looks different and is missing most of those items. I think that my PRO subscription did not go through. Can you please help me fix that?

Hello Kelly,

In order to help you with your concern, we need to check your settings. I would request you, please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hello Kelly,

I have checked your account (and licenses too) and I can see that you have upgraded to the Pro theme. When I logged in to your site, I went to Appearance > Themes and see that you are still using the X theme. You will have to download and install the Pro Theme in your site. Please check out this documentation first:

When you are finished installing the Pro theme, you can also check out this documentation to have a full understanding of the Header Builder:

By the way, we also have a Youtube Channel where you can see some of our demonstration and tutorial videos:

Best Regards.

This is great! Thanks so much! I did as you instructed and now have the header builder.
One last set of questions. I created a header in the header builder and assigned it to the entire site. However, when I got to my website, the new header is not showing. Likewise, the way my page looks when I’m building it and the way it actually looks on the site are completely different. The words are overlapping each other on the site. Why is this happening? And how can I get my new header to actually show up on my site?

Header is now showing up. Must have just taken some time. But, the rest of my page elements are still out of whack. They were this way before I switched to Pro. I just hadn’t asked about it yet.

Hey Kelly,

We’re glad that it is now showing properly on your end! On the other hand, I suspect that it has something to do with the cache. I suggest that you clear all the caching features associated with your website and also go to Cornerstone > Settings > System then hit the clear style cache button.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.