Fatal error: Soliloquy

I’ve updated a site to X 8.0.1 and also updated Cornerstone.

I now have a fatal error - details/image attached in a private note.

Fortunately we update on dev/staging sites before live - so we have a chance to debug and fix this issue.

Hope you can help.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hey Mark,

Thans for reaching out to us. Could you please update your dev/staging sites to the latest versions? Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.0.6
  • Cornerstone 5.0.6

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Rue,

Thanks for your reply.

I have now updated one of the sites we have with this issue to X 8.0.7 and Cornerstone 5.0.7

I had to remove the Soliloquy plugin directory to do this.

Once the site was updated I re-installed Soliloquy from the X menu. It installed ok. However, as soon as I activate it the Critical Error re-occurs.

Soliloquy is currently installed but not activated.

I’d be grateful if you could take a look and let me know how this might be resolved so I can apply the same fix to our other sites. Access details are in the secure note as requested.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for updating in! I am using the latest version and Soliloquy 2.6.0 does not cause any errors in my local testing server.
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 9.34.40 AM

Can you please delete Cornerstone and Soliloquy plugin? I am able to continue to troubleshoot because of the error. Maybe it is possible that you also give us FTP access to that we can investigate your theme and plugin files as well?

Thank you in advance.

Hi Rue,

Please find FTP details in the secure note.

I have deleted the Cornerstone & Soliloquy directories as requested.

Kind Regards

Mark

just for info if you need a quick fix:

cheers

Thanks for reporting. This is now queued for investigation by our development team.

Hi @christian,

I have updated to 8.0.8 and I’m still seeing this issue. I have also added a reply to a similar ticket that I was pointed to in a previous reply - as there seems to be a fix mentioned there - but I don’t seem to be able to get that to work.

I have several sites with this issue and it would be great to either understand how to apply the temporary fix - or, of course, get a more permanent solution :slight_smile:

Thanks

Mark

Hi everyone,

We just pushed another update that includes a fix for this.

Hi @alexander,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately this doesn’t seem to have resolved the issue.

On the site you have access to I have removed Soliloquy, updated the theme (8.0.9) and Cornerstone (5.0.9) and then re-added Soliloquy (from X menu). After doing that the site gives a critical error.

I can confirm that correctly adding the workaround given in this ticket - Fatal error after pro update to 4.0.1 (Soliloquy) does resolve the issue. But of course, this is likely to break if Soliloquy is updated.

I’m happy for you to do further testing on my site. Please let me know when it should be resolved without additional workarounds.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

I’ve checked your site again and I’ve not encountered the error. Where are you still seeing the error? I reinstalled the stock Soliloquy plugin just to make sure the patch wasn’t applied.

Hey @alexander,

That does now seem to be working . . . . I can only assume it may have been a caching issue . . . .

Thanks for your effort. I will now attempt to update other sites and hopefully it’ll work on all of them :crossed_fingers:

… Updated this note - this is still failing on other X and Pro sites. I am deleting the Soliloquy directory and then re-installing the stock version (2.6.0) via the x/Pro menu. The plugin installs ok, then once activated any further action on the site results in the critical error.

I’ve tried clearing the cache on the server and at site level and also used different browsers.

I’m unable to repeat your success. I’d be happy to supply details for the further X/Pro sites with the issue.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes, that would be great. If you don’t mind sharing credentials for one of the sites that is failing I can take a closer look and see what’s going on there. Hopefully we can isolate this soon. Thanks!

Hi @alexander,

I’ve updated the secure note to include details for both an X and a Pro site with the issue.

Soliloquy is not installed.

The process to recreate is to Install and then Activate Soliloquy from the X/Pro menu. Once activated try and navigate to Pages/Posts of clear the site cache - any action will generate the critical error.

Thanks for your time and patience with this issue.

Kind Regards

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for all your help with this. I was able to solve this and I’ve installed a patched version on your site. You can safely update to the next release when we push it out this afternoon.

Thanks for your help Alexander - all seems good now.
Hope you have a lovely holiday.

Hi Mark,

It’s great that it is resolved now. Happy Holidays to you too.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.