Fatal error after pro update to 4.0.1 (Soliloquy)

I have the same error:

#0 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1847): Soliloquy_Shortcode->__construct()
#1 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php(1857): Soliloquy_Shortcode::get_instance()
#2 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(452): require(’/srv/users/rikk…’)
#3 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/soliloquy.php(398): Soliloquy->_get_sliders(true)
#4 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/elements/classic/_alternate/soliloquy.php(24): Soliloquy->get_sliders()
#5 /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/classic/elements/class-element-bas in /srv/users/usern/apps/username/public/wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/shortcode.php on line 153

The code workaround won’t work for me, hoping for a fix;

Thanks for reporting, Stefan. I have replicated the issue in one of my test sites but Soliloquy works on others so there must be some server configuration that’s causing this.

Let me know if there’s anything i can do. I’m hoping this can get resolved soon.
I’m on pro Versie: 4.0.7 and i’m using a child theme.

I updated wp-rocket, and pro 4.06 to 4.07 before that (i have wp-rocket deactivated, didn’t help. I reinstalled soliloquy too, also didn’t help.)

Hi Stefan,

A few hours ago, we have released another version 4.0.8, it has some issues fixed already. Please update your theme to that version.
If you are still experiencing the same issues, please open a new ticket and provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Reporting the same issue here on pro v 4.08. Are you guys running another update?

@rrhode I have this same issue - logged in a separate ticket - Fatal error: Soliloquy - where another user pointed me in the direction of your fix here.

I have added the code - but I’m still seeing the error. Please could you confirm if this is how it’s supposed to be added:

public function __construct() {

if ( ! class_exists( 'Soliloquy_Common' ) && file_exists( ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php' ) ) {
		require_once ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php';

// Load the base class object.
	$this->base   = Soliloquy::get_instance();
	$this->common = Soliloquy_Common::get_instance();

// Register the main slider style.
	$this->stylesheets[] = array(
		'id'   => 'soliloquy-style-css',
		'href' => esc_url( add_query_arg( 'ver', $this->base->version, plugins_url( 'assets/css/soliloquy.css', $this->base->file ) ) ),
	);

// Register main slider script.
	wp_register_script( $this->base->plugin_slug . '-script', plugins_url( 'assets/js/min/soliloquy-min.js', $this->base->file ), array( 'jquery' ), $this->base->version, true );

// Load hooks and filters.
	add_shortcode( 'soliloquy', array( $this, 'shortcode' ) );
	add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode' );

add_action('wp_footer', array( $this, 'remove_no_js' ), 100 );

}

Many thanks in advance.

@markwest you did forget the closing }
with this it works:

public function __construct() {

if ( ! class_exists( 'Soliloquy_Common' ) && file_exists( ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php' ) ) {
		require_once ABSPATH . 'wp-content/plugins/soliloquy/includes/global/common.php';
	}
	// Load the base class object.
	$this->base   = Soliloquy::get_instance();
	$this->common = Soliloquy_Common::get_instance();

Hi Everyone,

We’ve corrected this for the next version that we will release after looking into a few more potential issues.

Is that version 4.0.9?

Hi Alexander,

the Version 4.0.9 fixed the fatal crash with soliloquy. Thank you!
Btw. really really great update!

cheers

Hi Alexander,
i dont know what happened, but the error is back again. the update 4.0.9 does not fix the error.
can you investigate it?

thanks in advance

Same thing here. Updating didn’t do anything. https://prof-rauch-hs-regensburg.de/
I had to manually disable the plugin for the time being. Can you please take a look at this.
Thank you very much.

Can confirm, soliloqui is working (for me) with 4.0.9! (php7.4 and php8.0 tested)

my config : (here it does not work)

Server-Architektur Linux 2.6.32-openvz-042stab127.2-amd64 x86_64
Webserver nginx/1.19.6
PHP-Version 7.4.13 (Unterstützt 64bit-Werte)
PHP-SAPI fpm-fcgi
Erweiterung mysqli
Server-Version 10.2.17-MariaDB-10.2.17+maria~stretch
Client-Version mysqlnd 7.4.13

i also tried it nowq on a second server with this config, here it works:

Server-Architektur Linux 5.4.41-1-pve x86_64
Webserver Apache
PHP-Version 7.3.13 (Unterstützt 64bit-Werte)
PHP-SAPI cgi-fcgi
Erweiterung mysqli
Server-Version 5.7.25
Client-Version mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7cc7cc96e675f6d72e5cf0f267f48e167c2abb23 $

Hi @deranaloge, @eckiles thanks for writing back with more info. I’m trying to find out why we’re not seeing a complete fix here. Here are some things that would help me narrow it down:

• Are you using Pro or Cornerstone?
  • When do you see the fatal PHP error? WordPress admin, front end, in the builder? If there are specific URLs that would help.
  • Can you try testing for a plugin conflict? Deactivate all plugins that are not Cornerstone and Soliloquy, then see if the issue persists. If it starts working, begin activating plugins until the error comes back and it may reveal another plugin introducing a conflict.

Anyone else having the same issue, feel free to add your feedback as well based on those questions. Thank you!

I just updated to 4.09 and the problem still persists. As soon as I activate the Soliloquy plugin there is a fatal error on both the front end and the backend. I tried the plugin testing you suggested and the problem still persisted.

Same thing here… :point_up_2:

hi alexander,

*i am using PRO
*as soon as the plugin is activated the fatal error is everywhere. frontend/backend
*i deactivated all plugins. deleted soliloquy, reinstalled it (all ok), then activated one plugin after the other and now it does work?

i dont get it. can anyone else with the error repeat the steps? deactivate all plugins, delete soliloquy and reinstall it, then activate all other plugins?

cheers

Hi everyone,

We’re going to include another fix for this in the next point release this afternoon that should address the remaining cases.

hi alexander,
thank you, the latest update did adress the error! :slight_smile:
cheers and merry xmas!