Failed to save notification

Hello,
I keep getting “failed to save” notification.
I checked the plugins that I have installed and I don’t believe any of them brings conflicts. There are very few images on the page, so I also don’t believe there is a PHP Memory limit problem.
Could you please check why this is happening?

1 Like

Hello @triton2020! I am trying to resolve the same issue on my site and am preparing a post. I found the offending element to be shortcodes within classic text elements. Remove the shortcode and the ability to save returns. Can you test to see if this might be your issue as well? Thanks!

1 Like

I removed certain elements from the page and now it works. But is it expected to happen whenever I’ll use those elements on the site?

Actually no, the problem keeps happening.

I found that where the shortcode is placed within a classic text element also has an impact on whether or not the post will save. Here is a link to my request for assistance:

I removed all the shortcodes from the text elements. I also deactivated every plugin and the problem is still there.

On my post pages, shortcodes inside text elements were the offenders. But only when placed in certain areas of the text. I tested and retested and always got the same results. That said …

On my home page, I discovered the offending element was not shortcode, but table formatting inside an accordion element. Here is how I figured out where the problem existed on my home page:

1. Create a copy of the page that fails to save.
  2. Open copy in Cornerstone.
  3. Delete one element/section at a time saving in between until the page saves properly. The last element deleted before saving is your offending element.
  4. If the undo command works, replace the offending element. If not, open a new copy of your original page and take a look at the offending element. That’s where I discovered that removing the table formatting allowed me to save the page.

I hope this helps. Looking forward to the staff weighing in. They’ve been quite helpful in the past!

It doesn’t work on my case because it works for the moment when I delete a certain element and then it stops working again.

Hello @Juri,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• Pro theme 4.0.11
  • WordPress 5.6
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

The problem is still there even after the theme update. I’m sending the login information so you can have a look.

Hi Juri,

This usually is a server conflict with Pro. As you can see, there is a status 500 error in the console. That is not detailed though so please contact your web host to check the error logs and fix the adjust the server settings according to what the error log says. You can also post the error logs in a Secure Note maybe we could point you to the right direction.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

I contacted my host and they increased the PHP memory limit. For now everything is working okay.

1 Like

Hi Juri

Great that it is working now.

Thanks

Hello, I deactivated every plugin and I still couldn’t save changes on my page. As I mentioned before the host has increased PHP memory limit.
Could you please check why do I keep getting this problem?

Hello,
Since I am not getting an answer I deactivated Theme.co Pro and now the site works with all the plugins activated. I still don’t know where is the problem with Theme.co Pro.
If you could fix the issue I would gladly continue to work with themeco because I like the theme in general. But otherwise I will cancel the subscription because is getting impossible to work on my site while I constantly get “failed to save” notification.

Hi @triton2020,

Would you mind trying the latest version of Pro that we just released? I believe the issue was corrected in 4.1 but the 4.1.1 point release from today should work as well. We made some performance improvements when during pages saving that should help. Let us know if that makes a difference. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.