Edit with Pro for Portfolio Item

Hi,

I’m seeing an option to edit a portfolio item with Pro, see attached screenshot. However, when I try that with this url:

https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/case-study-6-3/

it doesn’t show the (unwanted duplicate gallery images that appear on the right side of the slideshow).

I would like to only have the slideshow, and not have the same slideshow images duplicated on the right side, causing the descriptive text for the slideshow to be all the way at the bottom.

I’ve reviewed past forum topics about this and find nothing that addresses this issue, if there is, my apologies.

Thanks,
Dave

Forgot to attach screenshot, here is that. You’ll see the Edit with Pro option on the right
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.08.56 PM

Here is a screenshot of how the edit page looks in Pro. As you can see, none of the unwanted gallery images that appear on the right show up in this edit window, making it impossible for me to delete them. How to delete them and still have the slideshow stay in place with text to the right of slideshow?

Also, how to remove this See it Live button at the bottom (and the Launch Project above it)? Not seeing an option to do that on either the regular WP editor or in Pro. Thanks!

Okay, I think I figured it out, you have to choose a layout style before changes take effect. But I’m still at a loss of how to remove the See it Live button?
Thanks!

Hello David,

Thanks for writing in! Just for future topics, self responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.

The best way to display each of your portfolio items is to create your custom portfolio layout using our Layout Builder. Please check out the following videos first:
Layout Builder:

Loopers:

For more references, kindly check this out:

Best Regards.

Hi, thanks, I already watched those before writing ; )
My question was a specific question about modifying a portfolio item that came pre-made with the Silvertooth Agency pre-made site template, in which there’s a See It Live button that doesn’t seem to be selectable through any method using the Layout Builder. Please tell me how to select/delete that button. Thanks!
Dave

Hi Dave,

It will be very difficult to recognize the problem you are describing. Can you please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

Hi again, sorry I called you Peter in my secure note, not sure how I got that ; )

This is the url I’m having the issue with
https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/jamaica-joels/

Hi Dave,

Unfortunately, your website admin URL is not accessible, even the wp-login.php shows the 404 errors. Can you please check and provide the URL to login.

Thanks

Hi Dave,

To remove the the extra items click the edit portfolio item.

Then at the bottom part, the project link section should be empty.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

I knew it was something super simple like that, thanks!

Hi again,

Well, I thought the portfolio issues were solved, but no.

The portfolio item you helped me out with now works just fine. This was simply an edit of an existing portfolio item that shipped with the Silvertooth Agency site template (Case Study #xx). I then made two other portfolio items, both using the Gallery option and both working fine. So, that makes three portfolio items I created, all working as they should, and all created from existing default portfolio items from the Silvertooth Agency site template, here they are:

https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/jamaica-joels/
https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/international-cannabis-business-conference/
https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/528hz-gardens/

But now, I went to make a fourth portfolio item, using the exact same process I used to make the three above, and the gallery feature is not working. Here is that url:

https://vaportours.com/portfolio-item/case-study-2/

As you can see, all the images on the right are supposed to appear as a slideshow (in place of where the featured image currently is), the way they did in the first three portfolio items I created.

And now, when I try to create any portfolio item as a gallery, it no longer works, even though I’m using the exact same steps I used to create the original three successful portfolio items.

Please advise,
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

We’re glad that we’re able to help you with your first issue.

On your second issue, the main reason why it is not showing as a gallery the same as the previous portfolio items you created because you need to change the media type and featured content settings in your fourth portfolio.

The media type should be Gallery and Featured content should be Media. Please check this article for more information.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Hi,

That’s the thing, I did both of those things in my fourth portfolio. The problem is, those changes don’t stick. After hitting Update, the page reverts to the Media Type being Image and the Featured Content being Thumbnail.

I wouldn’t have written you otherwise ; )

So, there appears to be some sort of bug where the settings aren’t getting hardwired after hitting Update.

Please advise,

Thanks,
Dave

Okay, sorry for replying to my own reply but I just double checked the fourth portfolio and I don’t know if you went in there and changed the settings back to Media Type>Image and Featured Image>Thumbnail but that’s what they were set to when I checked it just now. However, I changed them to Media Type>Gallery and Featured Image>Media and hit Update and then viewed the Portfolio Item and the images were still not showing up as a gallery (they were still vertically placed on right sidebar).

I then clicked Edit Portfolio Item and checked to see if the settings had reverted back to Media Type>Image and Featured Image>Thumbnail and they had not, yet the page still displays the images arranged vertically on the right and not as a gallery, acting as if it’s not able to detect the correct settings.

Solved the problem. Solution was that one has to be in List View from Media Library and not Thumbnail View. Weird that would make a difference.

Hey David,

It’s good to know that you have resolved your issue already.
Please do not hesitate to create another thread if you need more help.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.