Dynamic Posts (Minimal) - How to keep original featured image dimensions. allow video/quotes

Hi Michael,

It actually happens because you are forcing the image height to override its aspect ratio. I would suggest you mention the image size as suggested by my colleague Prakash or else you can set the static height from size option of image element.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

He said “set the height accordingly” I don’t understand what that means. I want to have the image ratio match the image and fill the space. What seetings will do this across each viewpoint?

Sorry its me in another account I think I have 25 names on here

As he typed it I still have bizarre cropping:

This is a very long thread to simply accomplish a default view of Pro theme. Can the specific settings be stated to emulate/mimic the default Pro theme output: Stand-up World Archive | Stand Up World

The image fills the space perfectly, video plays instead of a featured image, quotes look like quotes. I don’t understand why we can take the default view and work from that as a template?

Please can a .tco of this be pushed here?

Hello Michael,

The default Portfolio page is currently having a bug. it does not display correctly. It can be temporarily fix using the suggested solution in this thread:

The default Portfolio page, it is using a Masonry grid. We do not have a .tco file for this default page because this was created before Cornerstone and utilizes the custom-built WordPress page template.

By the way, setting the height of the Figure element to auto, the minimum height to 0 and the maximum to none should resolved your image size issue. If you can provide me your WP details, I might be able to fully inspect your other settings since you also have added something in it which is now making it different from the original Post Minimal dynamic element. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

Hello thank you much, I posted the secure note to my last reply.

Hey Michael,

To mimic the design of the archive page, I have made the changes to your website.

In your post element, I change the padding from 1 to 0.

In your figure, I change the min width to 0, max width to none, height to auto, min height to 0 and max height to none.

In your image element, I change the object fit to cover and set the height to auto.

and add padding to your title and excerpt. As you can see the featured image is now working properly on the frontend.

You can now replicate the same steps to your column 2 and column 3.

Hope that helps.

Hi thank you so much. While you are in there, can you look at the 1st column “video” embed, I tried to mimic what you said and it’s not outputting a video when a video post is the selection. Thanks so much for the help

Here is an example:

from homepage feed

Here is Archive:

We’d prefer to have the video play where featured image is like the archives do

Hey Michael,

To fix your issue, in your featured image I added a condition post format equals to standard or post format equals to an image. It means that the featured image element will only show if the post format is equivalent to standard or image.

Then in your video element, I added a condition to only show it when the post format is set to video.

Hope that helps.

Thank you it’s so close, only issue is the video space shows up for every post and for video post both video and featured:

Stand Up World | Curated Stand-Up Comedy & News

Hey Michael,

I didn’t save the changes that’s why it is not showing on the frontend. That being said, I have now saved the changes, you can check the result on the frontend.

Thank you.

Youre a wizard thank you! I think this thread will be very helpful and insightful for others

1 Like

Hey Michael,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi sorry the video when you saved is not showing the featured image still is?

Hey Michael,

I am not quite sure of what do you mean by the featured image is not showing. Would you mind sharing more information because currently this is what I am seeing on the frontend.

Thank you.

That is a featured image it looks like a video, if you look at the archives you see the actual video playing: https://standupworld.com/stand-up-world-archive/

When you showed it above it had the video now it’s not video it’s a featured image. This is the admin of that post:
https://standupworld.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2378&action=edit

and featured image:

It’s so close and thanks again

Hey Michael,

I believe that when I save my changes, you are also working on the page and save your changes. That being said, my work was override by your changes. To fix the issue, I reapply the condition and it should be working now on the frontend.

Hope that helps.

Beyond helpful, thank you

Hey Michael,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.