Dynamic Posts (Minimal) - How to keep original featured image dimensions. allow video/quotes

Hey Michael,

To fix your issue, in your featured image I added a condition post format equals to standard or post format equals to an image. It means that the featured image element will only show if the post format is equivalent to standard or image.

Then in your video element, I added a condition to only show it when the post format is set to video.

Hope that helps.

Thank you it’s so close, only issue is the video space shows up for every post and for video post both video and featured:

Stand Up World | Curated Stand-Up Comedy & News

Hey Michael,

I didn’t save the changes that’s why it is not showing on the frontend. That being said, I have now saved the changes, you can check the result on the frontend.

Thank you.

Youre a wizard thank you! I think this thread will be very helpful and insightful for others

1 Like

Hey Michael,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

Hi sorry the video when you saved is not showing the featured image still is?

Hey Michael,

I am not quite sure of what do you mean by the featured image is not showing. Would you mind sharing more information because currently this is what I am seeing on the frontend.

Thank you.

That is a featured image it looks like a video, if you look at the archives you see the actual video playing: https://standupworld.com/stand-up-world-archive/

When you showed it above it had the video now it’s not video it’s a featured image. This is the admin of that post:
https://standupworld.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2378&action=edit

and featured image:

It’s so close and thanks again

Hey Michael,

I believe that when I save my changes, you are also working on the page and save your changes. That being said, my work was override by your changes. To fix the issue, I reapply the condition and it should be working now on the frontend.

Hope that helps.

Beyond helpful, thank you

Hey Michael,

You’re welcome and it’s our pleasure to help you! If you have any other concerns or clarifications regarding our theme features, feel free to open up a new thread.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.