Default page/post layout?

Hello,

I am using the Renew theme option. I noticed on some pages/posts it displays this layout. I did not create this layout. How do I edit it? I don’t want the beige background or, ‘SEARCH RESULTS’, or the little house icon > search results to display.

Thanks

Hello Darien,

Thanks for reaching out. Based on the screenshot, it seems that the header is overlapping the landmark header of your page. Please go to X > Theme Option > Headers > Top Height and make sure that the value is the actual height of your header. To better assist you with your issue, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your theme options settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hello,

Ok I sent a secure note with the information. When I search for a page or a nonexistent page, it seems to be the template and I just want to know how I can change the template of the search results.

Thanks

Hey Darien,

You did create that look by adding custom code in Theme Options > CSS. If the home page is the only page you want that header overlay effect, update .masthead into the code to .home .masthead

Please just note that working with custom code is outside the scope of our theme support. What we can do is just lead you in the right direction or provide some guidance.

If you want to avoid custom coding and have complete control over how the header looks per page or site wide, please consider upgrading to Pro. See https://theme.co/pro

Thanks.

Hello,

I think there is a misunderstanding. I WANT the masthead where it’s at. I do not want the search results page to look like the attached image. I want the pages to be uniform across the site. My question is, how do I edit the search results page so I can make my site uniform all across the board?

For example, go to my website and choose the search function at the top right. Type in, “Hello” and you will get the results that I attached. How do I edit the search results page?

Thanks

Hi Darien,

Regretfully, there is no such option to modify the WordPress archive pages in the X theme you are using. But this can be possible by using the Layout Builder which is exclusively available with Pro. I would suggest you upgrade to the Pro theme, please go through the process here: https://theme.co/docs/converting-from-x-to-pro
Please find the detailed documentation of Layout Builder here: https://theme.co/docs/layout-builder-overview

The uniformity issue comes due to the custom CSS code added, which already mentioned by my colleague in his post. In addition to that, you can remove the position:absolute to get rid of the Header issue in the Search Result page.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello,

Is there another solution other than upgrading to Pro? I feel like there should be since I have paid for the X theme already and was not planning on spending more money on this.
Is there a way to redirect the search results page to another page instead?
Is the layout in a .php file? I don’t mind giving that a shot.

Thanks

Hi Darien,

You can do that by modifying the core Search template of the WordPress. Create the search.php file in your child theme folder and you can modify it according to your need. The following article might be helpful on this.

Please remember that we don’t offer any support or investigation to modified child themes and custom codes.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.