Custom Post Type Not Working

I will post with the a video in privacy mode.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out.
The Custom Post Type is beyond the scope of Theme Support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you on this or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where we answer the questions beyond normal theme support.

Thanks

I have shared a video in hte secure note. I honestly can’t believe that you are not providing any support for how to configure a basic Custom Post Type.

DIVI

AVADA

Please can you provide the various links to the resources you have for working with custom post types.

I have found posts from 2016, https://theme.co/archive/forums/topic/custom-post-types-and-custom-fields/, asking about this:

Google has over 567 separate posts in this forum about Custom Post Type Questions:
“custom post types themeco site:theme.co intitle:custom post”

Thanks for your support

Hey Jason,

I suspect that the issue has something to do with the duplication, it detects this as edited outside the Cornerstone. Just want to let you know that if the content is edited outside Cornerstone, it cannot be edited again inside Cornerstone. That being said, if you wish to copy the content from one page to another page, just save the content as a template then load the template to the new page.

Hope that helps.

Not sure I am following this.

I have pages that I can edit in WP-ADMIN, for example editing the YOAST SEO data using WP-ADMIN, saving them off and then opening them in CornerStone and they don’t have any problems.

The task I am trying to achieve is very simple.

Create a custom posty type that functions and has the options of a standard wordpress page, but allows it to be nested in it’s own page type section in it’s own menu.

You know like when you currently go to PAGES in your theme’s installation. I want a section called “PAGES 2” that works the same way.

Are you telling me that there is no way for me to do that without purchasing your ONE Service? Do I need to spend 49$ to get this basic thing to work? If it will cost me $49 to do this, and you are going to provide me with this solution and if there are no documentations for a Developer to do this, then this is what I will have to do. But I am not happy about having to do this as I feel you should be documenting this, instead of making me have to pay for something that other themes document clearly.

Please advise.

Hey Jason,

It seems like there’s confusion here. You’re using Pro and Pro does have a Layout Builder that allows for the creation of a custom layout you can assign to your custom post types.

Are you using the Layout Builder? If you’re not aware of it, please check our documentation here https://theme.co/docs/layout-builder-overview

Also, kindly provide the following info in a Secure Note so we can check your setup.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

Please note that we’ll investigate if Pro is the problem. If we find out that the custom post type setup is the problem, that’s the time One will be needed or if you’re using a 3rd party plugin, we’ll direct you to the plugin developer.

Thanks.

Hi there. Have added a secure note above.

Hey Jason,

There’s a problem with your Custom Post Type setup. Only the first post in your Organic Landing post type inherits the Fullwidth layout. The rest, it will use the sidebar.

Checking if I could assign a Single Layout to all of the Organic Landing post, there’s no selection in the Single Layout Conditions. If what I’m talking about at this point is confusing, this means you haven’t learned the Layout Builder yet. Please kindly review or learn about the Layout Builder here https://theme.co/docs/layout-builder-overview

The only way you can assign a layout to your post is by selecting the Organic Landing (Specific). I believe you wouldn’t want to do that if you want a Fullwidth layout to all of your Organic Landing post.

Check out the Test post I’ve added. It uses the Layout Builder.

We can’t go into detail about the problem with your Custom Post Type. That is beyond the scope of our theme support. That would also be the case for other builders you pointed out previously. Yes, we do support custom post types but the setup must be correct. The setup is the responsibility of the user.

If you need us to implement the correct Custom Post Type setup for you, you can subscribe to our One Total Care service.

If you just need guidance, you can subscribe to One Single Platform.

Thanks.

Thanks, let me review carefully and come back to you.

Hey Jason,

Great and let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.