Navigation
This is archived content. Visit our new forum.
  • Author

neilr2096
    Participant

Please can you explain and give code examples of how i can add a custom post type and then custom post fields into xtheme. (as a background – i personally have purchased the full version of ‘types’ and ‘advanced custom fields’ but struggling to get them to work with xtheme)

I am hopping that if you can supply an explanation and code snippets (like a building block), then i and many other users will be able to use that in the pages and post sections and edit it to fit the needs in other areas.

Many thanks in advance for you help and code snippets

Friech

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin.

Maybe a good place to start is in the documentation of the plugin:
    http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/

Thank you for your understanding.

neilr2096
    Participant

Many thanks for the info, after studying it and taking it all in, iam still struggling with my original point – ‘how to get them to work with xtheme’

for example; you have a custom post type of services. Within that you have 5 or 6 services.
    How can you add and customise this block within xtheme, with the xtheme feel and styling.

So, How do i add and style the custom sections, custom posts into an xtheme layout?

Ps. May i also ask; Could Themeco please look to add this or work with a provider of this service to add the customisation within its already amazing theme.. please

Lely

Hi There,

You’re welcome!
    If you have successfully added post types, and you want to display this to a page, we have to create a custom template for this. You may duplicate index.php to create the template. Please check this thread:https://community.theme.co/forums/topic/custom-post-type-list-page-template/

Unfortunately, custom post type and it’s customization is outside the scope of support we can offer. If you need more in depth changes, you may wish to consult with a developer. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities. Thanks for understanding.

We certainly appreciate the feedback! This is something we can add to our list of feature requests. This way it can be taken into consideration for future development. All of these items are discussed with our team internally and prioritized based on the amount of interest a particular feature might receive. Thanks!

neilr2096
    Participant

Many thanks for your reply. If that is the case. may i also suggest an area where users can vote of – lets say – an update they would like to see, in a poll type way, this way, you are directly working on the ‘extension’ or ‘area’ your users want to see.. and you get to see this in real time.. you could extend this to one per month, with maybe an incentive for the users for there idea or suggestion used.

thanks for such a great theme..

Christian

Thanks for your feedback.

neilr2096
    Participant

My custom post types now appear and then disappear.. yet, if i switch to ‘any’ other theme, the fields are displayed.. please can you advise me – why they dissapear

Paul R

Hi,

We need to take a closer look to be able to figure out what’s going on.

But this would be outside the scope of support we can offer. You may wish to consult a developer to assist you with this. X is quite extensible with child themes, so there are plenty of possibilities. Thanks for understanding. Take care!

neilr2096
    Participant

For anyone still searching this post – GREAT NEWS for anyone struggling with ‘Custom Post Types and Custom Fields’ in xtheme.. I have managed to get it to work, WITHOUT ANY CODING (except small amount of CSS). Here is a link to a small video I’ve made explaining how i did it. Hope it helps. You will need the Plugin WPTypes and WPViews – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3XzdYJH_fo – Post also posting in the Facbook User Group

Rue Nel

Hello Niel,

Thanks for posting this information! It would be a great resource for other who are struggling to use custom post types and custom fields. Thank you very much for sharing.

Best Regards.