Custom font - blog post title

Hi Team,

We’ve managed to load a custom font .woff file to X but how do we access that for use in blog post styling?
We could change the header settings in font manager but that would change the headers in the whole site and we’re looking to add this font heading setting to only blog posts - is this possible?

I created a class with the custom font name (from the upload page) and added it to the html of the blog post with no luck.

Many thanks,
Dee

Hi Dee,

Thanks for reaching out!

I just check your example page and I couldn’t find any reason why the font is not working on your end. Would you mind sharing your credentials so that we can check the backend? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure think @marc_a :slight_smile:

Hey Dee,

For a Font in the Font Manager to be loaded up so that your CSS can use it, it must be used in the Theme Options or any builder interface like the elements. If the font is used in the Theme Options, you can use your font globally. You can see in the screenshot below when the custom font is applied to the Headline in Theme Options > Typography. I reverted it back after testing.

If you don’t wish to use your custom font globally, you need to use Cornerstone for your posts.

If you don’t want to use Cornerstone for your posts, you will need to upgrade to Pro so that you’ll be able to use the Layout Builder which will allow you to create a custom single post template and in doing so, you can select your custom font in the builder.

Hope that helps.

Thank you @christian

I have 5 quick questions about your suggestions - please:

1. I would LOVE to use cornerstone for posting - how do I do that?
    I never knew that this was an option, we’ve only ever used it on pages - the edit post page opens to a regular WordPress post.

2. Can I create a global block for the one heading with the custom font and use a short code to add it to the blog post?

3. Can we recreate this type of heading css in Global css to create a new heading option with this custom font?

If I add it to the Typography section under Headings then all headings change to the font - and the drop down menu there only shows google fonts at the moment.
4. how do we set a custom font here?

1. Is there a way to set one heading to a different font - so that h3 is wicked grit and the rest are Lato?

:slight_smile:

Hello @Deesign,

1. I would LOVE to use cornerstone for posting - how do I do that?
I never knew that this was an option, we’ve only ever used it on pages - the edit post page opens to a regular WordPress post.

Please go to X > Settings > Permissions > General and make sure that the Posts is enabled.

2. Can I create a global block for the one heading with the custom font and use a shortcode to add it to the blog post?

Of course, you can. Simply go to X > Global Blocks to create the global block.

3. Can we recreate this type of heading css in Global css to create a new heading option with this custom font?

If I add it to the Typography section under Headings then all headings change to the font - and the drop down menu there only shows google fonts at the moment.

It is best that you go to X > Theme Options > Typography > Headings and assign your custom font so that when you create a post using WP Editor, inserting a heading tag would automatically use your custom font. You must enable the Font Manager first though so that your custom font will display in the dropdown.
Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 8.54.06 AM

4. how do we set a custom font here?

You mean in the Theme Options? The font manager must be enabled first.

5. Is there a way to set one heading to a different font - so that h3 is wicked grit and the rest are Lato?

You will need custom CSS coding for that. You can use the code in the screenshot given by @Christian:

h3, .h3 {
  font-family: "wickedgrit";
  font-style: normal;
  font-weight: 400;
}

And again, you must follow @Christian’s advice to make it work.

Best Regards.

Thank you @ruenel

#1 did the trick - and opens up the editing possibilities.
I managed to change the background of the post, as this part of the “section” was not available like it is on pages - is that correct?

A few more questions about the permission macros :

Can we adjust the settings to have the post open in Cornerstone for the Editor role - or at least hide the usual Wordpress content block that is above the “Edit with Cornerstone” when you first open the post?

Some of the X sites I manage only show Edit with Cornerstone and some show all the CS code above that block when you open a page or a post - can you point us to the settings to adjust this please.

Can we remove the help link from inside of CS - hamburger menu top left > Help. I’ve got users that don’t need a link to support it would be better to direct support questions back to me first - is that possible?

Many thanks as always!
Dee

Hello Dee,

There is a conflict between the latest release of theme and the WordPress 5.7 wherein both the “Edit in Cornerstone” and the content with the bunch of shortcodes are showing. This issue has already been reported and our developers are working on a solution. A patch update release shall be rolling out soon.

Please bear with us.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.