Cornerstone not loading - no error message

After 10 minutes of watching the logo spin around, nothing has loaded.
My site is set to automatically update, so I assume there’s no issue there.

The site address is www.arithmeticvillage.com

Your help will be much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @jmsinnz,

Thanks for reaching out.
It seems that you are using the much older version X (version 4.0.3) theme and the Cornerstone (version 1.0.0), whereas the latest version of X is 8.1.5 and the Cornerstone is 5.1.5. The issue you are having might be due to the incompatibility between X and Cornerstone. I would also suggest you follow the below steps while updating the X theme and the Cornerstone.

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates
  3. After deletion of the Cornerstone, please use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone.

Hope this helps.
Thanks

Thanks @tristup - Here’s what I experienced while trying to implement step one:

1. Delete the Cornerstone existing one

I assumed you meant the Cornerstone Plugin. Yes?

I selected the Cornerstone plugin and tried to Deactivate it first. It appeared to process the request, but kept returning to the active state and the Deactivate option.

Tried selecting and Deleting the plug in.
Similarly, it was not deleted and remained as an active plugin.

Any ideas?

Any more thoughts or suggestions on how to get my website working again?
This is becoming rather important.

Found this Update to Cornerstone Version 5.1.5 crashes my site I got the same when trying to update again. I’ve now retrieved an old backup while waiting for help …

Hello @jmsinnz,

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.1.5
  • Cornerstone 5.1.5
  • WordPress 5.6
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Secure note sent in a reply to your first reply.

Hey @jmsinnz,

I have logged in and went ahead to update your X theme to 8.1.5 and Cornerstone to 5.1.5 version. You should now be able to edit a page in Cornerstone.

Check your site now.

Thank you!
Yes, that works now.
Is there any need to track future updates or are these set to be automatic from here on?

Hi @jmsinnz,

Great that it works now. The future update notification can be found in the Appearance > Themes or X/Pro > Validation.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.