Cornerstone spinning I can't edit after update X (and Cornerstone)

Hi,

I’ve tried to do my updates the normal way in wp update -and even tried to update via FTP - but I can’t get Cornerstone to stop spinning :open_mouth: and for me to be able to access my pages. I even had to reset an old backup to be able to make nescesary changes. Now I need your help to fix this . What am I doing wrong? I’ve tried to check for conflict with other plugins but no luck…

X-theme version 8.1.5

Thanks!
/Lotta

I’m suffering the same issue and in my question of a few days ago was offered instructions that don’t work :frowning: and then no further followup.

How are you getting on?

Hi Lotta,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have visited your website and found that the Content Builder is loading perfectly for the pages. I have tried Edit with Pro from Page List, Edit with Pro button inside the page and from Pro > Content, every time the builder loads with the page and the content it has.

Can you please check once by clearing all the cache, and in incognito or private mode of browser. Please let us know if the issue still exists at your end.

Hi @jmsinnz,

A self reply or any reply will push the thread to the bottom of the forum, and that is why you are getting a delayed reply.

Thanks

Thank you thank you thank you - it works :grinning: - I guess it just needed a little support magic :kissing_heart:

Hm… I just realized that I had to take to old backup back to make some urgent changes.

And when you checked the site these were the versions
x-theme 8.0.11
Cornerstone 5.011

Now I’ve again tried to update to the newest versions and I still get Cornerstone spinning :frowning:

• it says that Cornerstone and X theme was successfully installed Cornerstone is just spinning. Please check it again!

Thanks!

Hello @Lottafixelius,

The issue is coming from the old cached files being loaded by the Autoptimize plugin. I wasn’t able to continue to investigate because all of a sudden, an error 500 occurred on your site. Please provide us your FTP details so that we can resolve this remaining issue.

Thank you.

Hello @Lottafixelius,

I have checked your FTP and I could not find the debug.log anywhere. The debug mode is already enabled. The log file should be present in your WP installation. I just could not find it. Maybe your hosting provider has a different setting where the debug log is stored somewhere else. Please ask for further assistance from your hosting provider regarding the ongoing server error so that we can continue investigating your issue.

Thank you very much.

Had to retreive Saturday morning backup and

WP_DEBUG was not activated so I’ve now changed wp_config to WP_DEBUG true . And I see messages on top of my admin - so I guess that is fixed :-). Still no luck with Cornerstone…

I asked my host about WP_debug_log but didn’t a good answer. Please add it if it’s possible -sounds like a great thing to have.

The wordpress is not latest version.

/Lotta

I asked my host about WP_debug_log but didn’t a good answer. Please add it if it’s possible -sounds like a great thing to have.

Hi @Lottafixelius,

Regarding the cornerstone spinning. First, I suggest that you update the theme and cornerstone plugin to the latest version.

If it doesn’t help, there could be a plugin or custom code that affects your website. I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Hi @marc_a thanks finally succseeded in updating x-theme, Cornerstone and Ubermenu :slight_smile: - no spinning and no white errorpages :smiley:

But my menu broke - how do I get it back? Used to be bold under Truckreparatörens Försäljnings AB. (And how do I get my special caracters in company name back? Could you check please - I can’t find it to correct it …

Thanks!

Hello @Lottafixelius,

It appears that you have added this custom CSS:

a.x-brand.img:before {
    content: "Truckreparatörens Försäljnings AB";
    font-size: 0,9em;
    vertical-align: middle;
    margin-right: 8px;
    float: right;
    margin-top: 20px;
}

You should be using the entity value of the HTML character which you can find this link as a reference:

Therefore, your code can be like this:

a.x-brand.img:before {
    content: "Truckreparat\00d6rens F\00d6rs\00e4ljnings AB";
    font-size: 0,9em;
    vertical-align: middle;
    margin-right: 8px;
    float: right;
    margin-top: 20px;
}

Be advised that this is a custom CSS code. You will be the one in charge of maintaining this code to make sure that the code still works even after any updates.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.