Cornerstone and magazine look

I"ve used X theme for awhile. I updated it and my site looks horrible. audacitymagazine.com
The carousel that I had at the top is gone. Disappeared.
Then after the header there’s a huge white space gap until it gets to the first article.

Everyone said that cornerstone was supposed to be easy because I can see the changes as they are made. When I go to cornerstone, I see dark gray. I can’t find any images online to show me what it should look like.

I can’t afford to keep paying someone to fix the site every time there is an update on the x theme. The site is supposed to have a lifestyle magazine vibe but it doesn’t. I need help please before my frustration just leads me to another theme company. Thank you

Hello @audacity,

Thanks for writing in! From which version did you upgrade? If it was a lower version, you can just go to Cornerstone > Theme Options and save it to update the Theme Options. To check if the Post Carousel is enabled or not, you can go to Cornerstone > Globals > Options > Stack. There should be an ON/OFF setting fro that.

And if this does not work, please provide us with your WP access so we can investigate. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi, your coworker @tristup is working on helping me too with the huge white gap. I sent him all of the information. If it is possible, can you both communicate with each other on how we can resolve this? Is it possible to change the dark heading to a lighter look?

Meridian has wonderwall theme but it’s outdated yet that is the look I want. When I bought x from you, it because I was told it would be easy to make a magazine layout. But that’s not happening. I’m so frustrated. Please help. Thank you.

Hi, I haven’t heard from you or @tristup and it’s been almost 24 hours. Can someone help? Please. Thank you.

Hi @audacity,

A self-reply will push the thread to the bottom of the forum, and that is why you are getting a delayed reply. I have added your previous thread which has your website credentials for further investigation.

NOTE: I have already checked your website again but didn’t find the problem you described here. It always shows the Slider and then the articles. If you have any specific page where you are having such a problem, please share the URL for further investigation.

Thanks

The slider is showing articles that I don’t want. I want the featured articles like before. It’s showing the most comments. When I click most featured it gives me your articles. The calendar on the side isn’t what I want. It wasn’t there before I made the updates. Once I updated the theme, the layout changed. I want to be able to use cornerstone but it’s gray. Is that how it’s supposed to be?

I HAD TO PUT IT BACK TO MOST COMMENTED OR PEOPLE WILL SEE ARTICLES FROM YOUR SITE. I’M WRITING IN CAPITALS BECAUSE I DON’T THINK YOU ARE READING I HAVE WRITTEN THREE TIMES. Please read carefully.

1. at the top of the site, there should be my featured articles. NOT ETHOS Featured articles.
  2. I don’t want the calendar on the side. I had a layout that I liked.
  3. Cornerstone looks like the photo I attached. I can’t move anything around yet, I bought X theme with cornerstone because it’s advertised as being able to change layouts.
  4. I can’t change the color of the header to a lighter color instead of the dark black.
    Please help me. You have my log in information. This is taking a week to resolve. I’m not sure if it’s a language barrier or I’m not using the correct computer jargon to convey my message about my issues. Thank you.

I hope you can see the reply. Thank you.

Hello @audacity,

Thanks for updating in!

Again, self-replying or bumping a thread will make it push back into the queue. It would take us a little longer to reply.

Anyways;

1.) You will need to remove the Ethos dummy post articles because those articles were assigned as “featured Articles”. I already replied to your other thread about this issue.

2.) Do you have the example URL of the layout that you liked? By the way, the sidebar is using widgets. You can modify/remove/add a widget for your site sidebar if you go to Appearance > Widgets in your WordPress dashboard.

3.) The https://example.com/cornerstone is the landing page for the Cornerstone builder. This is also where you can. access the Theme Options. If you would like to change a layout of a page, you need to add a page/post first or edit the existing page/post which at the moment, it is only the “Join Us” and “Terms & Conditions” pages. Clicking the “+” icon button will allow you to create a new page or component.

Yes, I have mentioned that you can also create posts but at this moment, it is not allowed. You can simply go to Cornerstone > Settings > Permissions.

4.) Yes, you can. Please create a page first so that it will be displayed in the builder preview. Then go to the Globals tab and in the Ethos stack options, there is an option where you can select the color for your Navbar.

Since you are using the Ubermenu plugin, you will be able to modify or style the Ubermenu in Appearance > Ubermenu.

Best Regards.

@ruenel thank you. This reply would have been greatly appreciated last week. I’m glad we finally have momentum. Here is the link of the theme that I recently found and I love it. BUT I can’t buy it because it hasn’t been updated in years. http://preview.themeforest.net/item/wonderwall-responsive-magazine-theme/full_screen_preview/20015040 I’d like to find a way to make my site have that same fresh look. Thank you. This is a reply to your number 2.

Hello @audacity,

Those are using widgets that were added in the sidebar. You could also do that by going to Appearance > Widgets and adding/removing the widgets that you’ll need;

1.) Subscription widget: This could be coming from a plugin like MailChimp or any Subscription plugin

2.) Recent Post: We do not have this kind of widget layout but with the help of the Component builder, you can use the Posts (List) element and then you may be able to have a similar layout.

3.) Social Profile widget: This is using a built-in or could be a 3rd party plugin.

4.) Categories widget: This can easily be replicated by utilizing the Component builder and the Terms (Column) element.

Lastly, if you want to display the widgets like this:

the code in this old thread may help you:

Be advised that custom coding is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

Hi, I did what you said. I even went to the docs for the theme.

1. However, in the cornerstone, global, options, social, it has a list of social platforms. On the site, it has their icons. I figured the people click on it and it takes them to my social platforms. however, it doesn’t happen. I noticed that the webmaster who used to handle my site put #holder but I don’t know what to put there so that it will actually work.
    2.I don’t know how to change the text color of the words at the bottom of the pages. Where it says ABOUT US and Email us. I’ve searched under colors and I’ve gone to the widgets and uber menu as well.
    Thank you.

Hey There,

1.) I am not sure where I can find these. When I check both the social icons on the sidebar or those that I can see in the footer now link to your social network profiles.

2.) Using your browser’s Development Tool, you can check the live HTML code and find which CSS selector you need to use or what CSS code has been used to style the page.
Check out this video demonstration:

In your case, you will have something like this:

You’ll see that on the right side, there is the custom CSS code that sets the colors of those links. You can copy that and customize the color. For example;

.x-colophon.bottom .x-nav li a,
.x-social-global a{
    color: red;
}

The code above serves as an example code. Feel free to modify it when needed. You will have to maintain any custom coding to make sure that it will still work after any updates or does not create any issues or incompatibility in the future.

Be advised that this is beyond the scope of our support under our Support Policy. If you are unfamiliar with code and resolving potential conflicts, you may select our One service for further assistance.

Best Regards.

Thank you. My situation is that I don’t know where to change the colors of the bottom half of the site. Is that a widget, cornerstone, ubermenu? How can I find out? Thank you.

I forgot to attach the screenshots.I want to know how to change the color of the text and the icons. No one can see them. I don’t know where to find the area under which it is located. Thank you.
I don’t know how to change the background on the bottom to white without it affecting the top part of the website. I’ve seen examples of other ethos where it’s possible. Thank you.

Hi There,

In Cornerstone > Custom Code > CSS, you can place the example code:

If you are not familiar with the Cornerstone UI, you can check out this video:

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.