Button size

How do I reduce the side of buttons? I’d like these buttons 50% or so, so they can be side-by-side rather than vertically stacked.

Secondly, how do I remove the shadow behind the text—not the button itself, but the text inside the button?

Hi @jupebox,

Thanks for reaching out!

Would you mind sharing your admin credential so that we can check your page settings? because when I tried to inspect element the page, I see something weird with the setup. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Sure thing.

Hello @jupebox,

Please edit your page and in your button shortcode, remove the block="true".

[button href="https://paperblazer.com/learnmore/" style="background:#CCCCCC;color:black;" title="ORDER NOW" shape="square, rounded, pill" size="large" circle="false" icon_only="true" info_place="bottom" info_trigger="click" info_content="Get started today!"]LEARN MORE [/button]

We can see that you are manually inserting the content with shortcodes in it. Sooner or later you will encounter issues or conflicts that will mess up the entire page. We highly recommend that you use the Cornerstone editor instead. If you want not familiar yet with our Page builder, kindly check out this documentation:

Best Regards.

I get worried because when I click on Cornerstone, saying that the content will replace. Can you explain what that means? I don’t want to overwrite and lose any data.

Hi @jupebox,

Once you click the cornerstone, you need to start the whole page from scratch. It is advisable to start your page using the Page builder to avoid any issues in the future. We know it is tiring to start it from the scratch but that’s the best and right thing to do.

Thank you.

I’m a little confused. Isn’t the normal Wordpress fine to work with?
Other themes don’t use Cornerstone, right?

I made your adjustment. It’s good.

How to I make space between the buttons? I manually inserted spaces, but then it made the alignment weird on mobile.

There’s no way to import into Cornerstone? It seems rough to redo the entire website.

One other Q:
If I switch to Cornerstone, is it just for that single page or for all pages?

I might switch one page, but redoing all my pages would take a lot of time.

Hello @jupebox,

I’m a little confused. Isn’t the normal WordPress fine to work with?
Other themes don’t use Cornerstone, right?

• Yes, the normal WordPress editor will work just fine. And yes, you are not using the Cornerstone page builder.

There’s no way to import into Cornerstone?

• No. Once you edit the page in the Cornerstone page builder, the previous content will be discarded thus you will be starting to create the page from scratch.

One other Q:
If I switch to Cornerstone, is it just for that single page or for all pages?
I might switch one page, but redoing all my pages would take a lot of time.

• Cornerstone page builder can be used to create or edit a page. It will not affect pages that were note created in Cornerstone page builder. Just keep in mind that only those pages created with Cornerstone can be edited in Cornerstone.

The reason why we have suggested that you use Cornerstone is that it will be easy for your to drag and drop elements into the page editor. You can even preview the page while you are editing/creating the page. This is much better than what you are doing that you manually inserted the content including that button shortcode which will give you conflict or issues sooner or later.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.