Applying page template to blog posts and categories

Hi, please see this thread: Applying look and feel

I have saved the template just fine and it’s in template manager, BUT how do I apply it to category pages and blog posts please? Thanks

Hello @wolfproductions,

Thanks for writing to us.

To apply the template’s layout you need to create custom archive layouts for the category archive page through the Layout Builder, you can import your template’s layout in the layout builder and then assign the layout to the category and blog page.

Please have a look at our doc to learn more about how to create a layout and assing layouts.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thank you, that’s really helpful, if I am using the minimum layout for dynamic recent posts element (not classic recent posts) how do I set a particular category as the feed? Thanks so much

Hey @wolfproductions.

In your post element, please change the Looper Provider from recent posts to Query Builder. To know more about Query Builder, please check this out.

To know more about the Looper Provider types, please check this video tutorial.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Marc, nearly there!

Do you have some CSS I can use to remove the spacing, border, drop shadow and radious from the classic recent posts element please? I can use the CSS in a global block as it’s where the area is being fed from… thanks so much…

Please see SS

So when I say spacing I mean padding, not the space between each one… thanks again

Hey @wolfproductions,

Regretfully, providing custom code is outside the scope of our theme support. That being said, I highly suggest using the new post dynamic element because you can set the padding and spacing within the builder.

Hope that helps.

Okay Marc thank you, what would be the correct element to re-create a row of 4 posts and select that category, thanks

Hello @wolfproductions,

I would suggest you insert the “Posts (Minimal )” dynamic element. Please have a look at the given screenshot below.

Test-Page-Builder-Pro (11)

Now you need to follow these steps

1. Go to Posts —>Customize —>set the Looper provider as a Query Builder
  2. Set the category from the Taxonomy select box.

For the posts in the 4 columns, you need to follow these steps.

1. Go to Posts—>Layout
  2. Select the column layout as 4 columns from the Template.

Hope it helps
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.