Accordion not working / expanding

Hello! The accordions are not expanding on all of the pages on our website. Please advise. Thank you!

Hey Ashley,

There could be a plugin or custom code that affects the accordion behavior on your website.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Secure note added, thank you! Do I have to comment here to let you know a secure note was added? Or will you be notified when that is done?

Hey Ashley,

If you update the thread with the secure note, it will be added to our unanswered list so you don’t have to comment.

You have lots of pages on your site but I don’t see an accordion. Please provide the URL of the page with the accordion.

Also, please confirm that you have tested all the solutions my colleague listed. We will be double-checking that so it’s best that you test them out yourself to save you time tracking down what’s causing the issue. Moreover, we’ll deactivate all of your plugins during the test and we don’t keep a record of what’s active. Our goal is to only find the cause.

Thanks.

Here are the pages with accordions:

Hi Ashley,

I have checked all the pages and found the Accordion is working fine. Please remember that Accordion will not work if the page is not fully loaded. So please check if the page is loaded before clicking into the Accordion.

Thanks

Hello. The accordions are still not working even after the page has loaded. In this video, you can see I click around for 40 seconds and the accordions are still not working. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3injuXChYpMlX21bmRZJCn0kinTLYYM/view?usp=sharing

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hello Ashley,

I am another staff, I went ahead and check your given page URL, it seems that the Accordion is working fine at my end. I am using Google Chrome Version 99.0.4844.74. Please make sure you have not installed any browser extension which it stoping any JS file to load. I would suggest you please clear your browser cache and then check it again. If it doesn’t work for you please let us know which browser you are using and its version.

Thanks

I am using Safari Version 15.0 (17612.1.29.5). I have not installed any extensions. I emptied caches and the problem still exists.

Hello Ashley,

I have checked this particular page, https://revealhm.com/best-hair-makeup-services-honolulu-2/, and I have found these errors:

Please make sure that you insert the correct HTML codes because the Safari browser does not tolerate invalid codes. It will not display the page correctly unlike the Chrome and Firefox browsers.

I have made the necessary changes ONLY on the mentioned page above (https://revealhm.com/best-hair-makeup-services-honolulu-2/) and when I view your page in my Safari, the accordion is opening now.

You will have to edit those other pages and make sure that your HTML codes are valid and correct. You may need to go through each and every accordion items to check your HTML contents.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.