Accessing Archives in Layouts on Pro (Sermons)

Hello, I’m using the church theme and do not see the default “sermon” or “events” blog archives to access in layouts. I’m sure I’m just missing something simple, but I’ve read through several forum posts and watched some videos, but they are either outdated or not answering the issue I’m having. Can you let me know where I can access these and if they are editable or if I have to edit them?

Thank you!

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The “sermon” and “events” are the default category archive pages, you cannot edit them but since you’re using Pro you can create your own custom archive layouts using Layout Builder (see https://theme.co/docs/layout-builder-overview)

To learn how to use Layout Builder for archive pages, please see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1719j7J7LE

Hope this helps!

Hi Nabeel, I asked for the default because when I go to create my own custom archive layouts, it will not let me access the templates (as seen in 2nd screenshot in first post). It says, “No suitable preview area found. In archive mode this could happen if you don’t have a posts page assigned. Try using the preview switcher to view this layout in a different context.”

I’ve watched the video and went through the page you sent, but it doesn’t trigger templates, so I’m not sure how to get there.

Hello Raymond,

You must assign your archive layout first by utilizing the condition or at least use the preview assignments to display something in the builder preview.

If the suggestion above is still not helping, kindly provide us access to your site so that we can check your archive layout settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

Hi Ruenel, I sent a secure note with the login info. I’m just missing something. I was able to go to the category and assign it to sermon, but the same error message came up and I still can’t insert a template. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hello Raymond,

The Sermons layout needs to be edited and assigned the preview as I indicated in my screenshot and then it allows me to add a section. I have saved my changes so you should be able to see them.

See the secure note.

Please check your Sermon layout again.

Thank you, Ruenel. That’s almost what I’m looking for, but I’d like to remove the “sermons” header bar so I can place a custom image (like most of my other pages - reclaim groups is one). I don’t want it to say “blog > sermons” either if possible.

I’m trying to the same thing for “events” and I’m having the same issue on how to edit the header and pages. Also, with the events, I’m not sure how to add the day/time of the event. Is that something else that needs to be added in by me?

Thank you for all your help!

Hello Raymond,

The Sermons on the left and the breadcrumbs on the right are part of the default header. If you want to remove it, please go to Pro > Header and create a custom header to replace the default header.

If you want to get rid of the breadcrumbs, you can simply go to Pro > Theme Options > Headers > Miscellaneous and enable it.

Best Regards.

Sorry. I’m not trying to create a custom header for the site. I just want the top to be blank so I can insert a background image that is used in place of a header. Not sure if I’m making sense, but it would look like the headers on this page. Basically the template that is blank with a header & footer option. The archives/blog seem to be the only one that I can’t edit.

I turned the breadcrumbs off as well, but it doesn’t appear to have removed them.

Page - Header Display

Hello Raymond,

If that is the case, please check out this old thread instead:

Kindly let us know if this works out for you.

Hi @ruenel, thank you for your help. Can you also let me know how I can create archive rows that updates (last posting shows first) that updates automatically? We will be using these for weekly videos, wanting the most recent to show top left. You can kind of see the layout formation I’m looking for in the attached screenshot.

I finally figured out how to convert the portfolio to hold my sermons (had to change the slug b/c it conflicted with Modern Events Calendar by being named “events”). However, I’m not sure how to insert the portfolio into another page. Can you let me know how that can be done?

I’m also trying to remove the author & date. Is there a custom code that I can use for this? I’ve tried a few, but none remove the author.

Hi Raymond,

You can insert the Portfolio items using the Looper Provider anywhere you want. I would suggest you go through the following articles and videos on Looper Provider

Screenshot-250- (1)

Not sure from where you are trying to remove the Date and the Auther, but you can go through the following thread which may help you to remove it.

Thanks

Hi @tristup, thank you. I’ll work on integrating the looper part into the page. As far as the author & date, it’s on the portfolio page & actual post page. I only want the category to show under the title. I did read the previous post and the code snippet offered there does not change anything.

thumbnail_IMG_0853 thumbnail_IMG_0852

Hi Raymond,

You can turn off the Portfolio post meta, under Theme Options > Portfolio > Post Meta

However, since you only want to hide the date and author and leave the category, you can add this to Theme Options > CSS area instead. Please make sure to clear cache after adding this changes.

.single-x-portfolio .p-meta span,
.single-x-portfolio .p-meta span:after {
	display: none;
}
.single-x-portfolio .p-meta span:first-of-type {
	display: inline-block;
}

Please note though that we do not really provide support for any customization here is the forum. If you need further help on the customization you can subscribe to our service called ONE.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.