A way to randomize or rotate columns

is this possible in pro theme?

id like to setup 20 of these and have them randomly rotate in the series of six

https://verobeach.marketing/news/home/ - example

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

Thanks for reaching out.
If you are using the Looper Provider, you can choose the Random order by option in the Query Builder as shown in the given screenshot.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This is very cool.

They are not posts they are columns so I looked into this more to see what options were available. Here are some of what I thought might work and perhaps you are more familiar with or know which not. I was thinking class and the others but none of them had random so guessing nothing else will work.

I found meta values but still not class but I did find x_link_url and I tried a lot os things recent posts, and posts like you suggest but none of the results were expected even limiting to one and also using looper provider everything contained much more than desired.

I believe I am close but not really understanding and I am using the documentation.

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.24.53 PM Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.25.11 PM Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.42.01 PM Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.43.06 PM Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.24.12 PM Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 12.43.18 PM

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

I highly suggest that you create a CPT for that column layout and on that CPT, you need to add an ACF field for your title and background image.

Then design your column layout dynamically by using the Looper Provider that my colleague mentioned above.

Hope that helps.

This is awesome thank you so much. I definitely like learning new things.

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

You’re most welcome!

dude i freakin’ love this, total game changer, just wow can’t believe i didn’t know about this

how do you use it mostly? would you share any examples?

totally mind blowing

does pro theme looper provider allow me to display the cft fields on the front end without the coding or i need to do the coding part? been watching a lot of videos about coding this, i was trying to do the column background with the custom and then electing the variable {{dc:acf:post_field field=“beckground”}} etc.

i just do not want to waste a lot of time coding if pro themes feature does this connection to the front end this is where i am not clear

never mind dude i figure it out holy smokes this is awesome

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

We are glad you have figured out a way to randomize the columns. If you wouldn’t mind, share your steps to resolve it. Other users might be interested in that random column layout as well.

Cheers.

Setting up ACF plugin and building the custom post type was super easy and simple. The code I was learning about was to link the two types together relationally.

In this case I was building boxes for clients with a background image, URL and logo. I was able to build this using a single column and selecting the variables using the database icons on the fields I wanted and went to the post type and found my new custom fields and set them directly in pro, no need for outside coding, it is built right in which is truly amazing.

here is the boxes created which is only 1 column, pro theme does the rest, also my config exactly as I did it

you have to click the + to add it was was confusing but it will fill in like this… {{dc:acf:post_field field=“background”}}

happy to help anyone with this it is very helpful

my developer said that technically “portfolio” is a custom post type, but when I use the db icon in the fields in settings in pro theme I do not see any references to portfolio, why is that?

@verobeachmarketing,

We appreciate your time and effort for sharing your idea. On the other hand, it would be great if you could create a new thread for the new issue so that it will not mixed up.

Thank you.

the URL field was working and has since stopped…

https://verobeach.marketing/ - a the bottom clients boxes the logos are supposed to be clickable

{{dc:acf:post_field field=“url”}}

Hey @verobeachmarketing,

If it was working before and it suddenly stopped, there could be some conflicts. With that said, we need to check your backend settings. To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

this was done for you

Hi @verobeachmarketing,

I have checked and found that you have added the link to the image inside the column. To link boxes, you need to add the URL to the box. I have checked and changed the Column > HTML Tag to a and added the {{dc:acf:post_field field=“url”}} into the link. And now the boxes are linked.

Thanks

oh, well it was working the way I had it, ill use this method moving forward

Hello @verobeachmarketing,

Glad that things are well for you.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.