The Best Way to Use Custom Fonts with Pro

I’m creating a site to be handed over to a client to maintain. In order to adhere to their branding, I must use typefaces supplied by the client. After I’ve finished creating the site, I need my client to be able to easily modify it. I’d like to know the best way to use the typefaces with Pro for my client.

I’m using Pro with a child theme.
I’ve created webfont versions of the typefaces and uploaded them to my server.
I have a stylesheet linking to all the weights and styles of the typeface.

1. Utilizing best practices, how should I include the CSS @font-face styles?
  2. How do I get my fonts to work with the Font Manager?

Hello @mrpauloldham,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can take a look at the solution mentioned in following tread:

Thanks.

So I’m using my child theme’s stylesheet to load the fonts.

And then I am setting the body element to use the custom font.

• That doesn’t put the fonts in the Font Manager.
  • My main issue is that I won’t be able to style any elements without using a class tag. I need to avoid this at all costs, as my client won’t be comfortable doing this.

Hello there,

Unfortunately, the custom fonts with @font-face rule will not show on your Font Manager. If you’re willing to pay additional amount just to see your fonts on Font Manager, then I suggest you use Typekit.

Please refer to this guide to help you get started with Typekit:

Our builder has a feature called Element CSS that caters adding CSS of your needs on a specific element. Here’s a guide on how to use this:

Hope this helps.

So, while the font manager currently doesn’t support custom fonts, I see that you guys have done quite a bit of work towards that end. When are you planning to enable this feature?

Custom Font TAB option in Font Manager Config Modal

Hey @Buckmaster,

Regretfully, we could not give an ETA or there’s currently no timeline for that. Here’s our current status report and our development cycle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.