Yoast not recognising in and outbound links?

Hi X theme
When I add a simple text link in the content area of my site, Yoast SEO doesn’t find them. It’s only when I add the link in its naked form like https://mynewwebsite.com that it recognises them, but that looks awful of course:-)
Everything is up to date, theme, plugin, wp,cornerstone

Can you give me some guidelines here

Kind regards from Martin

Hey Martin,

For cases like this where a 3rd party plugin is involved, we first need to know if the issue is being caused by our theme. That said, please do the Test For Theme Related Issue. If the issue persists, it means that the problem is with Yoast SEO so you need to forward this issue to Yoast SEO support.

If the issue is fixed by switching to the default WordPress theme like TwentyTwenty, the next step to do is to 2. Test For Plugin Conflict.

If you’re using a child theme, also switch to the parent theme to test if the issue is coming from the child theme.

Only if our theme is proven to be the cause of the issue, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• URL of the page having the link issue
  • URL of the page where the naked form could be found so that we can compare
  • WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

There’s no theme conflict og plugin conflict. Tested this. It’s only when I make simple anchor link in cornerstones content area, it doesn’t recognise them. In the wp editor, all is good. Yoast finds them there.

Hey @sjolte,

Thank you for testing and clarifying that it’s the Content Area element that is the issue and not the content area of WordPress.

I’ve replicated the issue and will post this in our issue tracker. Regretfully, there is not workaround for this but to insert the URL manually in another Content Area element and hide that element in all screen sizes using the Hide During Breakpoints feature.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi
Thanks for responding:-) - In some strange way, the problem has solved itself, without me changing anything. Yoast is now recognising in and outgoing links.
Have a nice day:-)
/Martin

Hello @sjolte

Glad to know that things are well for you

Have a nice weekend!
Thanks

Hi
Sorry, I was a bit fast there:-( The problem still resides. Yoast still doesn’t recognise the links .
Furthermore right now I can’t even make a simple text link in the content area - in or out. The link turns red but isn’t active ( nothing to do with Yoast though) Strange with links in cornerstone right now

Hi @sjolte,

Please follow what my colleague @christian suggested above.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.