Where is GO?

I just purchased Pro/Cornerstone. I need the basics of how to use your builder. I watched the THEMECO 101 video on YouTube, but it’s not much help. It assumes you know how the builder works and just gives a tour of new features. I need help, yesterday. I’m past deadline to update a site built with Cornerstone. (Not my usual builder.)

Hi Wendell,

Thanks for reaching out.
You can find information on the Page Builder in the following article and the videos. If you still find any problems, you can specify them in the forum tickets for further help.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Your reply.
**It doesn’t help. **
At all.

If you had read my original post, you would have seen that I watched that tutorial , already. It seems great for those who know Cornerstone, because it is a tour of the “new” things in the builder. Not helpful for a newbie.

Let’s try again.
I have a new client. Their previous designer used Pro/Cornerstone to build the website. I purchased your builder to be able to make adds/changes. (Based on my research, that’s the way to go. If I try to move the site to another builder, say Divi, I’ll end up with a code cluster.) I NEED a doc or video that will start from the ground up with Cornerstone. The builder is just not very intuitive and I’m past deadline with this job. I watched the Themeco 101: A Guided Tour of Cornerstone is not helpful in that regard. It’s really a 300 level tour of what’s new combined with hyping the product. So, it was no help—

Don’t you have a BASIC, START HERE, this feature/tool does “x” type of manual or video?

Hi Wendell,

I am sorry that it does not help. But the referred article and the videos are the selective for the Page Builder which helps you with that. What I referred to is the basic documentation and the video which you need to follow and during that process, if you faced any problems post it for further help. We will be there to help you out with that.

Thanks

I read that page, as well, before reaching out.
Your documentation and tutorials could be much better. They are really not helpful in relaying the step-by-step process of using Pro/Cornerstone. You share a couple of things, then stop.

I am not happy.

Do pages actually save? Or, do I need to do something special. I saved my work, went to the page builder to open it and that sent me back to the beginning of the process. Asked me how I wanted to build: Scratch/Template/Clone.

Is it possible to change column layout mid-design? For example, if a 2 column format is chosen, but a 3 column works better, how do we make that change? (If possible)

Fonts
What about fonts.
Are we limited to the 10-12 fonts I see? Can we enable Google fonts? Trying to match the client’s brand standards…

Hi Wendell,

You can change the Column Layout anytime you want, just get back to the Row > Layout and select the 3 Column layout and click on the save to change that.

You can add any number of fonts you want, using the Fonts option, please go through the following article explaining that.

Please let me know if you need any further help.
Thanks

Now, this is a good response.
I requested “a this feature/tool does “x” type of manual or video.” You actually sent me to “GO,” this time. MUCH better reply. Thank you! I can probably find most of my answers, here.

I’m going to suggest that Themeco do a content audit of the website. AND, include a look at UX in that audit. A lot of info, most of it good, some…not needed. The relationship between data is not always clear, which is a problem.

Q: What is your churn rate? As in, how many clients buy your builder for one/two sites and that’s it?

Hi Wendell,

Glad that we are able to satisfy you. I will surely keep your suggestions on the content auditing. And regarding the Churn rate, we are not aware of it.

Thanks

Last question…for a while.
Can I add short code to a button and have it link to a form built with WPForms? Tried it. I got “The page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the first place (bummer),” error…

Hi Wendell,

It is not clear again what exactly you are doing here. If you want to link a Button to a Page with the WP Form, you can add the URL to the Setup > Link of the Button element as shown in the given screenshot.

If that is not the case, please explain it a bit more so we can understand the need and can help you with this.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me.
So, the short code for the form has to be on a page.
Then, link the page to the button.
No code module?
Got it. I’ll try that.

THANKS!

Hi Wendell,

You are most welcome. Please let us know how it works for you.

Hello? That worked just fine.

I am puzzled about this page I am revising. There is a space between the header and the Page Builder with an image. But, It doesn’t seem to belong to a content box or bar or any other container. What’s up with that? It’s like an orphan—

Hello Wendell,

To better assist you please share the URL of the page so we can inspect it. Also, you may be using the default page template which has a default paddings around the content. You may need to use the Blank - No Container page template. For more details about the different page templates in the theme, please check this out:

Best Regards.

Here is the url along with a screenshot.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Wendell,

It will be difficult to recognize the problem through the given screenshot. I have checked the website listed in your Themeco Account and found the Maintenance Mode is activated. I would suggest you deactivate the Maintenance Mode or please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

THANKS for the speedy response.

I deactivated Under Construction.
The space between the Header and the Page Content doesn’t “belong” to anything…
It’ not a Section or Bar, that I can tell… You can’t click on it. No hover reveal. It’s puzzling…