Website doesn't work anymore as soon as I activate X-Theme

Hi there

My website www.citygolf.ch doesn’t work anymore, as soo as I activate X-Theme and X-Cild Theme.

I have deactivated all plugins in my WordPress dashboard and have renamed the x folder and the x-child folder in the directory folder “Themes”. This is the only way to get access to my WordPress dashboard.

As soon as I rename the two Theme folders to its original names x and x-child, the website sends the message, that a fatal error is on this website and I also can not get logged into my dashboard anymore.

I even have tried to reinstall the x-child but the site stopped running again.

Any idea, what could be the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hello Felix,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked your site it seems that you are using the latest version of WordPress 6.2.2 and older versions of the X theme. I also noticed that you using the latest version of Cornerstone 7.2.7. I would suggest you please update the X theme to 10.2.7 to get rid of the version compatibility issue. You may check out this thread to learn more about how to get rid of your issue.

If it doesn’t work, it would be best if you could copy your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Hope it helps
Thanks

Hi Prakash

Thank you very much for your help and advice!

I was able to install Pro and Pro-Child Theme and have licensed the Website with this versions of the theme.

Everything works fine now again except that i am not able to activate Cornerstone Plugin. Cornerstone works perfectly but is not active marked in “Plugins”.

Is this the old Cornerstone from X theme? Can I delete this Plugin?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Glad to know that everything is working now. And as you are using the Pro, you can delete the Cronerstome from the Plugin List.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.