Thanks for reaching out!
Just for future topics, self-responding or bumping your post pushes it back in our Queue system so it takes longer to respond to.
In Cornerstone 6+ that file should be located here:
But in your install it claims to be here:
I suspect what might have happened is the new files were added, but you still have the old files present in which case it would find both and crash like this.
Did you happen to update manually using FTP or a file manager? Often when updating that way it will replace existing files, and add files that don’t exist in the new locations but it doesn’t know to delete files that were relocated.
I would recommend fully deleting the Pro theme and reinstalling it. A good way to do this would be:
- Go to your file manager/ or use FTP
- locate this path wp-content/themes and rename the Pro to something else, ( this will allow you to login to your WordPress admin)
- Go to your theme page and activate any themes except for Pro
- Then delete the Pro theme
- Go to your themeco dashboard and download the latest version of Pro
- Upload and activate it on your website
If it doesn’t help, I suggest that you create a new thread and give us the following information in a Secure Note.
- WordPress Login URL
- Admin level username and password
- FTP Access
You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.
Note: I deleted your credentials in your secure note because the one who posted the thread can see it.
Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.