WC layout builder prod category dynamic content as H1 + sidebar + prod listing

Hi!

I have serious problems understanding how to set up the complex Layout builder for http://webshop.securitybrands.se/ I have tried myself for two days now and I’m very close to give up and just tell the client that this can’t be done with Pro.

I have read the much too basic documentation about the Layout builder but that is far from detailed enough. I need guidance on exactly, step by step, how to recreate the default PROD CATEGORY (kategori) pages like this one: http://webshop.securitybrands.se/kategori/inbrottslarm/startpaket/centralpaket-startpaket/

What’s the dynamic content code that I should use for product categories for example?
{{dc:woocommerce:kategori}} does not seem to work. I seem to have added uncategorized as a header but the styling doesn’t change when I alter it . WHY?

Should I add all my 109 of sub sub prod categiries on by one as condition groups? Please do one category for me at least so I have SOMETHING to look at.

This is my attempt http://webshop.securitybrands.se/kategori/okategoriserad/ I want for a click on a category to show that category name H1, 3 col producs below and a sidebar widget on the right. The sidebar should list the sub categories of the selected prod category in the main nav. How do i get those in the sidebar? I know how to crreate global blocks but I have no idea how to organize the logic so that the right things show up.

Please guide me before I go nuts.

Your guide on how to use this great ROCKETSHIP of a builder REALLY needs to be more detailed with more examples and preferably with more demos. Otherwise, you have built a product for devs only.

The default webshop below is not enough because I need the category H1, sidebar and category image added. That’s possible with the layoutbuilder.

Hi Lobsterass,

Thanks for reaching out.
Please find the answer to your queries one by one.

1. Adding the Category Title: You can use the Headline element with the h1 tag and {{dc:term:title}}. Please find the screenshot describing the setting.

1. Product category image: What you are expecting is a part of the customization and beyond the scope of theme support. I would suggest you hire a developer who can assist you to do the customization or you can avail of our newly launched service called One, where the customization questions are answered.

2. Sub Category in Widget: The subcategory widget can’t be controlled from the menu as you are expecting.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi!

Thanx for replying.

1. Good!

2. I have a hard time believing that it is impossible to call this product category image somehow via the very complex WC layout builder. Are you sure that is not possible? More basic themes have that function even. You may have misunderstood what I asked for so here is the link to the product category page http://webshop.securitybrands.se/kategori/brand-utrymning/ along with images of the same below.

3. How do I place this widget as a sidebar to the left of the products?

4. How do I apply the same WC archive product category page from layout builder to the shop page with all products as well?

5. Is there a way in the layout builder to make product prices visible only for logged in customers with an account? Or does that have to be done with some plugin?

Thanx!

Hi @Lobsterass,

Please find the answer to your queries below.

1. We have understood what you are trying to achieve, but Layout Builder for WC Archive does not have that option yet. Even Dynamic Content does not have the option to show it.

2. It seems that you have used any predefined Template of WC Archive which does not have the sidebar. You can create it by using the From Scratch option and add Two column structures one for the widget and another one for the content.

1. You can assign the same template to multiple pages using the Condition attribute. Please find the screenshot describing the setting.

1. Regretfully, there is no such option to hide the Product price through the Layout Builder.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.