Video in modal won't stop playing when closed

Hi, I have a video element (embedded video) in a modal and when the modal is closed the video keeps playing. I have seen other threads on this but they reference a checkbox from a previous modal version that is no longer an option. (Content Area Modal | Video keeps playing when it's getting closed)

Am I missing something? Is there some code I should be putting in?
Thanks!

Hello @clefler,

Thanks for writing in!

To get you issue resolved, please check out these threads:

Kindly let us know how it goes.

Those are the links I was talking about. There is no content area modal right? It’s just modal and dont see that feature…

Hi @clefler,

The Modal element does not have the option for dynamic rendering as the Content Area Modal, and that is why it is unable to stop the video. Although the Content Area Modal is removed from the element list, the Dynamic Rendering feature is one unique case where the content area modal might still be more useful. You can still use the Content Modal Area element, by enabling it from Cornerstone > Settings.

Please note that the point has been already added to our feature request list so it might be taken into account in the future.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Ok I understand thank you.

Hi @clefler,

You are most welcome.

So just checking, there is not some simple code to do this in a modal?

Hello @clefler,

The new Modal element and the deprecated Content Area Modal has been built completely different. Regretfully there is no simple code that you can add to make it work.

Best Regards.

ok, well if I have to use a depreciated element can you help me configure it?
I have an iframe video in the Content area Modal and can control the width but there is no height adjustment settings. How can I get it adjust automatically put in a height percentage?

Hello @clefler,

To better assist you with your issue, please provide us your WP details so that we can investigate your element structure and element settings. You can create a secure note in your next reply with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
– Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Thank you in advance.

cough…
https://www.facebook.com/groups/693582240813295/search/?q=modal%20video

2 Likes

Hi @clefler,

I have discussed with my senior colleague Christian on the solution provided by Scot and he confirmed that it is the solution to the problem you are having. Just add the data-rvt-offscreen-reset to Modal Custom Attribute to get the solution.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 195442

Hope it helps.
Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.