Version 3.2.3 to 4.3.3. headers are gone and not displayed frontend anymore

Once updated from version 3.2.3 to 4.3.3. headers are gone and not displayed frontend anymore

How can I fix this?

There is no console errors and I’ve cleared cache.

Due to the change of conditions I do suspect the main one override every other. It was built one per page due to the lack of codnitions for so long time. I should define the priority lower for the entire site to make it work as general has entire site and priority 20 while specific pages has the specific page and priority 0. But anyhow I see the general one. Even if I select the general one to only be on front page.

Something is not working.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out.
I have checked all two sites listed in your Themeco Account as Main and Staging* site, and found the Pro has been already updated to 4.3.3 and sites are working fine. Please add the site to your account if the site is not listed already.
If that is not the case, and you are having trouble on one of this site, please provide login credentials for your site in a secure note to examine it further, including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thank

Hi Tristup,

Sorry we have another license as well on a separate account and that is the site with the problem. Which is using PRO and the header builder.

Shared temporary login in a secure note.

Hi Mike,

I have deactivated all the plugins and then only I can access your headers in the staging server. I found that the Header assigned to the Entire site is having the higher priority set and that is why it is showing to that pages. I would suggest you set the high priority to Header set to the specific pages.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hi tristup,

I understood that your priority would be based on how WordPress normally works, which is:
lower number = higher priority
higher number = lower priority

The migration should have put site specific to a higher priority than the entire site, and it would have worked out of the box. Now I have to fix every single page specific.

As I understood the documentation it was lower number = higher priority, and the migration made sense to give page 0 and entire 20. Page specific should always override if they shouldn’t inherit another. Seems like a less well performed conversion into conditional logic in the update.

If I remember it right I did test reverse higher priority without success, but I will test again.

I had no issues loading the header builder due to other plugins. Did you see any conflict, if so check it out and report internally, so you fix this conflict?

Ok now I tested
Entire site with priority 0 and page specific to priority 10. Still doesn’t display the page specific it still picks the entire site header with priority 0.

Hi Mike,

The Priority comes into play if you have two assets that might potentially overlap in some instances, allowing you to specify which should take precedent over the other. In these cases, the header with the lowest priority will be used.

I would suggest you go through the article on Header and Footer assignment: https://theme.co/docs/conditions-and-assignments#assigning-headers-footers-and-layouts

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Exactly the one with lower. Meaning the migration made sense:
Entire site had 20 and page specific 0. But the entire site overrides all other page specific headers.

Did you make it work on the staging site I shared temporary login for? Please share a successful example in a secure note.

I did change page specific on a page and header to 0 and entire site to 20.
If you saw a plugin conflict, please share which plugin in a secure note. And see if it’s conflict due to that plugin or you.

Hi Mike,

I have created a Header by duplicating your main header and set the Priority to -1 and assign it to one of the specified pages and it works.
Please find the screenshots in the secure note.

NOTE: I have deactivated all the plugins before doing the above process.

Thanks

Ok, but here it two things.

1. 0 should be lower than 20, you use -1, why is positive numbers which is still lower than 20 not working.
  2. You only tested with all plugins deactivated. Did it not work due to a plugin? So you say it didn’t work with the plugins activated?

Hi Mike,

I assume that there might be some other header that is also assigned to the page with 0 priority and it will be very difficult to find out the specific header for the page as that is not mentioned in your posts. So I use the -1 for the new header which works.

Thanks for understanding

Tried -1 without success with the plugins active. Did you identify which plugin isn’t working with your latest version of PRO builder? I can not find which is causing a conflict here? So you can fix it in PRO and I can report to the specific plugin developer.

Hello Mike,

We do not have a specific plugin that has a known issue or conflict with the builder. Can you please identify which header and to which page it will display so that we can focus on one header at a time. This also a way to find out if there are other headers that override other specific headers. And may we have permission to turn OFF all the plugins in your staging site to look for the conflict?

Kindly let us know.

I shared which template is now showing in secure note.

Please go ahead so we can find the conflict. Confirming YES, you have permission to turn OFF all plugins on the staging site to look for the conflict.

Hi Mike,

I would suggest you troubleshoot by deactivating all the plugins and activate one by one till the issue is back, the last plugin that makes the issue back is the reason behind your issue.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Did you check and found the conflict?

Hi Mike,

I have tested earlier by deactivating all the plugins and found the assignment was working. If activating the plugin recreates the issue, that means one of the plugin is the reason behind your issue. I would suggest you follow the step explained in my previous post to find the exact plugin which creates the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.