Valid License Not Validating

Hi there,

I purchased an X Theme license a couple of months ago.

I set up a staging site for my website, and played around with the theme for a while to get the design right etc., and everything worked fine.

This morning, I tried to set the theme live on the live site and begin transferring all the design onto the new site, however the theme will not validate.

When I put my product code in and hit enter, the dialogue box tells me “Congratulations, your site is now validated!”, then it refreshes and displays the message telling me the theme isn’t validated.

I have tried everything I can think/have read on these threads, including:

I have made sure the license is de-activated from the staging site.
I have managed the licenses in my Apex account directly, and updated the web addresses manually to reflect the correct ones.
I have ensured that the license is unlocked whilst trying to validate the theme in all the above methods.
I have deleted X theme from the site and re-installed it.

It is still doing exactly the same thing.

It’s vital that I’m able to get the theme up and running asap.

Please can you advise?

Thanks,
Jamie

Hello Peter,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website that’s listed on the licence manager page and I can see that X Theme is not active over there. Only Cornerstone is active. To validate you need to activate X Theme from Appearance > Themes.

Once theme is activated then you need to enter the purchase code under X > Validation. Please take a look at the validation guide for more information.

In case you still have problems with validation, please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hi Prasant,

Yes, I have had to de-activate X Theme because I can’t validate it, and therefore can’t customise it at all…

Once I activate it, I go to validate it as per the instructions, and it gives me the error that I described in my previous message.

I will send the login details in a secure note.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

This seems to be database related, the validation works but it’s not just saved on your site’s data. Would you mind providing your FTP login credentials as well? I’ll check if there is any error logs.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for the info.

Yes, I’ll include the details in a secure note.

Thanks,
Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the credentials, and I’m able to confirm the issue is due to database. It’s a very long error, I’ll post the small portion of it in the secure note.

Please contact your hosting provider and have it fixed, as it could be related to your MySQL server. There are warnings and two errors. But please backup your entire site’s data first, repairing could damage the data too.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

Thanks for the info.

I have resolved the issue now.

Thanks,
Jamie

Glad to hear that. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.