Using a nested repeater

Hi,

I’ve got a repeater which I’m using to basically pull through ‘Topics’ within a ‘Lessons’ CPT.

So each page is a lesson and each lesson has several topics, which is working fine.

NOW I want to have another repeater within each Topic which will pull through ‘Downloadables’.

So I’ve set a Downloadables repeater within my Lesson repeater, however I can’t seem to get the repeater fields from this nested repeater.

I’ve followed the steps in this tutorial but it’s just not working… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnXpRW4G_M&t=584s

Are you able to take a look and let me know what I’m doing wrong?

I’ll attach my login details in a secure note.

Cheers,
David

Hey Claudio,

Thanks for reaching out!

We’re sorry for the late reply! I check your Lesson Layout and all the dynamic content is correct. I suspect what might happen is that you didn’t set the preview to one of your Lesson pages that’s why it is not fetching the value assigned in your downloadable repeater. Please check the secure note for more details.

Hope that helps.

Ah wow, that may have been it. Thanks so much for your assistance!
It’s always the little things hey :slight_smile:

I also wanted to ask if there were any plans for Themeco to come out with documentation on query strings and each of the parameters + definitions of what they do?
If not, could you please pop this through as a feature request.

If there is any other place I can find this information could you let me know.

Happy New Year.

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

You can check on the thread below on how you can create your own query string.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Marc, that thread features some of the possible parameters but I know there are lots more and it would be very helpful if these can be documented so that the community can refer to it. I know a lot of people who struggle with this because we can’t find resources. Just my observation :slight_smile:

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

I will add this as a feature request so that it will be taken into action in the future.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.