Updated Pro 4.3.3 > 5.0.8 now Cornerstone editor will not load

I appear to be having the same issue many others are experiencing. I’ve tried the fixes found in other threads, went through the common issues blog post, nothing is working. I even broke my site trying to restore from a backup, but thankfully fixed it by renaming the pro folder under wp-content/themes and reinstalling Pro. Still, I can’t edit my site at all with 5.0.8. Should I keep trying to fix this or revert to 4.3.3 for now?

I am experiencing the exact same issue on a site. Following.

Are you using sitegrounds for hosting too?

Yes, my site is hosted on SiteGround.

For what it’s worth, I have managed PHP and they have me on version 7.4.22. I have Let’s Encrypt providing SSL. I have removed nearly all of the plugins since I wasn’t using most of them. All I have active now are the two SiteGound plugins, Themeco’s own Email Forms, Contact Forms 7, TranslatePress, and WP Importer. I have purged the SG cache both inside WP and from the SiteGround management interface. It’s a very simple site, nothing fancy going on. I even installed Pro from scratch when the upgrade wasn’t working and I tried to restore from backup which broke the site.

And just to make sure we’re talking about the same thing, any time I try to bring up a Cornerstone page I just get this circle spinning in the middle of the page forever…

Yep, exact same issue. Not sure what is causing it. Hopefully support will shed some light soon.

Hi Bill & @mattcaldwell

Thanks for reaching out.
The issue has been already addressed in the following thread.

Thanks

Yes I read that thread before posting here, but I checked all the things mentioned there. Like I said, I ended up installing Pro from scratch with the .zip file after I broke the site restoring from a backup. I can set you up an admin login if you would be willing to take a look.

Hi Bill,

That would be great, would you mind sharing your credential so that we can check the back-end settings? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

Secure Note added to previous post.

Hi Bill,

The siteground optimizer plugin is causing the issue to your website. Optimization plugins often combine scripts and reorder them and the common cause of issues as some scripts should not be combined, minified nor re-ordered. That is the case with our products so please contact Siteground or the developers of SG Optimizer to exclude everything from Pro from any kind of optimization. Don’t worry, our themes are optimized out of the box so they don’t need third-party optimization.

In the meantime, I suggest that you disable the siteground optimizer plugin and the builder will work properly.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.

Thanks @marc_a , that is good to know. I’m sure this will help @mattcaldwell also as he also uses SiteGound.

You are most welcome, Bill!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.