Unlinked borders not accepting hex color codes with Pro version 5.05

Hi,

Since the update to Pro version 5.05 there seems to be a fault when using hex colors in unlinked borders. If you have a hex color format in any of the four unlinked borders in the Base section it goes haywire or removes all borders. Having a hex color in the Interaction area doesn’t have the same effect but I’m not sure it works either.

I noticed this first on borders where I’d already used hex colors (e.g., #ccc, #0066ff) before the update, and I now get the same result when I try new instances of headlines, text, divs, etc. It seems to work on linked borders, but not unlinked borders. You might want to check it.

Regards,
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thanks for writing to us.

I checked it on my local test development site. It seems that it is working fine. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing for Plugin Conflict
  2. CSS/JS Customization
  3. Version Compatibility
  4. Disabling Cache

If none of those work, please send your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • Share a screenshot with the exact page URL. If possible please share a video so that we can recreate the same setup at our end and debug it.

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi,

I tested this on a fresh local Wordpress install with a fresh install of Pro, nothing else. The same problem exists.
Note: It works on linked borders, but it does not work on unlinked borders.
These are the steps I tried:

1. Add a Text element.
  2. On borders, select Unlinked.
  3. On Top border add a width
  4. In Base color area put #ff0000

The border will show up but not the right color.

If you then add any other border using any other color format, while the first border is in the hex format, it will not be the right color.

However, if you then go back to the first border and change the hex format to RGB, all the borders will change to the right color.

Again, the hex format seems to work okay for LINKED borders, but not for UNLINKED.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the clarification, I can confirm this bug on my dev site, I’ve submitted this to our issue tracker so the developers will be made aware of it. For now please use RGB color code.

Cheers,

Hi @markwattchow,

I wanted to let you know we’ve corrected this issue for Pro 5.0.7 which will be released later today.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.