Unlimited Key and Support

Hi there,

Just some quick general questions about the Pro Unlimited item.

Support, is there an expiry to the support for this package?

Key, if I handover a finished site to a client, is there a way they could potentially get my unlimited key out of the theme (easily - not diving into code etc) - I just don’t want my code to get used without my permission etc.

Thanks.

Hello Tom,

Thanks for writing in!

Here are the documents that may help you:

If you hand over your project to a client, it is best that you use a single product license instead because you can simply unlock the license and you can transfer the license to the client easily. Once it is unlocked, the client can use the license key to register his own Themeco account. By then you do not have to worry about the license key or getting the support. Once the key is handed over to the client, the client can now have full control over the project.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this, yes that is correct. I do make them buy a single licence if they leave my hosting platform and want to take the site elsewhere and manage it themselves.

However, just thinking if they had a login to the site, could they easily get the key from somewhere? I have had a look around and I don’t think my key is shown in plain text anywhere.

Thanks.

Hello Tom,

If your client has access file editing or the Appearance > Theme Editor, they may be able to add a PHP snippet that displays the license code. Check out this thread for the example code:

Or if the client has access to the database, he can check out the wp_options table and find the x_product_validation_key entry.

Hope this makes sense.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.