License validation issue 2019

I am in the process of building a new site and I have validated it but I don’t know which of my license codes I used as I have a couple and didn’t make a note of which I used in my license managemnt area.

I want to use a specific license and to update it to pro but I don’t know if it qualifies for the free upgrade or not. i will add the details below and would appreciate it if you could tell me the last few digits of the licence code I have used on the specified site and if it can be upgraded for free.

Thanks so much for all your help and support (with this and everything over the last god knows how many years! You guys are awesome!!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for writing in! Please head over to your Themeco License page and you should be able to see all the licenses along with your site information.

You will see a badge where it says whether you can upgrade free or with some discount to Pro.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I had completely missed the great big green buttons!!

One thing you didn’t address in my question though…I have several licenses with you and I did install the theme on a couple of website which I then dropped and deleted and re-used the license on a new site of mine but I didn’t update the license page with the name of the new website the theme has been used with.
This means I don’t know which license to update. Could you tell me the last 4 digits of the license that is linked to the website I mentioned in my secure comment above please?

Hi Richard,

As Darshana recommended, please head over your ThemeCo license page, and you should able to see all your licenses and the sites assigned to it.

But if your question is about knowing which site is validated with that license (before the URL change as a scenario) then we can’t tell as we don’t have access to your sites.

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I can see my licenses and I thought I had entered the details of the sites linked to different licenses. I assume that I must have used one of these as I have a validated site I am building. When you said you “don’t have access to your site” are you saying that there is no way to ever find this out under any circumstances or if I provide you the login details for my site that you could find that out?
If it the first answer is there a way to ‘devalidate’ my site so I can then select the right license and then upgrade it to pro?

Hello Richard,

Once you validate your site, we could not tell which license you used to validate because it is already saved somewhere.
In you WP dashboard, you will only have this:

If you want to know which license you use, you will need a custom code added to your child theme’s functions.php. You can make use of this code:

// Display the license key in the WP Admin panel
// =============================================================================
function display_key(){ ?>

<div class="update-nag notice">
        <p>Your X theme validation license key: <strong><?php echo x_get_option('x_product_validation_key'); ?></strong></p>
  </div>

<?php }
add_action('admin_notices', 'display_key');
// =============================================================================

And you’ll have this in your WordPress dashboard:

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.