Under construction Key Not working - August 6th, 2020

Hi - I read a few topics back in June about the Under Construction Key not working - I have all of my plugins updated and such still no luck - you click on it and it just does nothing. Could someone please help me?

The development site: richmay.devchuck.com

Thank you!

Hi @whatupchuk,

Thank you for writing in, can you confirm that you updated everything? WordPress, Theme, and the Under Construction extension. You can refer for the latest supported versions here.

If you find something that is not up to date, please update it.

Updating WordPress
Updating Theme
Updating Extensions

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If you can confirm everything is up to date and the issue persists, please provide us login credentials in a secure note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

Ok everything seems to be up to date except PHP which I will get upgraded now.
Stay Tuned for an update.

Hey @whatupchuk,

There is a JS error on your site. This might be cause why when you click the key icon, nothing will happen. We highly recommend that you test for a plugin conflict. Kindly temporarily deactivate the plugin one after the other. You’ll know that a certain plugin is causing when the key icon works. Our first guess is the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin may have been causing this.

And if nothing is working, kindly provide us your site access so we can investigate further. You can create a secure note in your next reply and insert the following:

• WP login url
  • WP username
  • WP password

To know how you can create a secure note, please check out this article on how to get support: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

and THAT my friends was the exact issue - I disabled it and boom, works great.
What would you suggest for this new cookie thing we have to post on the websites?

Hey @whatupchuk,

We’re glad that resolved the issue. For the cookie consent notification, you can either use ConvertPlus extension to display the consent notification bar or use any other third party plugin that doesn’t conflict with the theme.

Regretfully we can’t recommend a third party plugin, but you can pick any of the top Cookie Consent plugin here.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.