Under construction does not work

Let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Thanks!

About FTP, I ve just accessed FTP as usual, no problem at all. It happened before that you could not access I don t know why. Perhaps the server, the mode, I really don t know… Please, check my last secure note. Thanks again.

You’re FTP is already working. Any news about the troubleshooting?

1 Like

Thanks for keeping me informed about FTP and for asking about the issue. Unfortunately it takes me sometime to understand the instructions due to my little knowledge both in English and technical web stuff, so I have to find a peaceful moment on my day to pay all my attention to the instructions, specially when piece of code is involved. I will try to uninstall W3 cache today and I will let you know how it goes. The problem is still unsolved.

Hello there,

Thank you for the update! No problem. Please take your time.

Have a great day ahead!

Hi again Jumar. I ve finally completed the process described on the article you suggested above. I ve not turned off WP-Cache in WP-Config.php (step 5) as it was suggested as optional and the whole process had been stressfull enough for me up to that point. :cold_sweat:

But I ve checked my site (logged in and out) and it seems to be back to normal! So, thank you very much for your instructions!!!

Just a couple of questions

1. I assume I can re-activate back the other plugins, right?
  2. I guess I have to install other plugin to replace W3, right? Are you aware of any other troubled caching plugin? It would be useful to know about it now. :wink:

Thank you again! Have a nice weekend!

Hi there,

You can always deactivate other plugins. And other cache plugins could cause the same issue since it’s about cache. You should manage your cache by clearing them and disabling them for every update and changes that you’ll make. And reactivate once you’re done.

Thanks!

Thanks Rad. I m sorry but I m not sure to understand your response.

1. I said I will re-activate the other plugins, activate my old plugins back I meant since they are deactivated now. I assumed it was ok but after reading your answer, I am not sure…

2. I cleared the cache AFTER every update and changes that I made. After that, the rest of the time, I kept the plugin disabled. That is how I was told to use cache plugin. Is it correct?

3. I understand this issue was born from W3 Total Cache plugin. If so, perhaps I should install another cache plugin. Or perhaps you can suggest another option for cache. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks again

Hello There,

Sorry for the confusion. I would highly suggested that you disable your caching plugin for the meantime. Caching plugins are best turn on when you are done building your site. It is not advisable to enable it while you are still editing any pages or settings in your site.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Rue. Then, as soon as I finish what I want on my site, I will install other cache plugin. I have read somewhere W3 has problems. So, my question was, and I am sorry to insist, are you aware of any other troubled cache plugin? Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

As soon as you finish the job and want to get rid of the Under Construction it is ok to use the W3 Total cache plugin. But please be warned that the plugin has complicated options as it does many stuff in different aspects. So I suggest that you start reading more about different options and the effect each option has.

You can start by reading this article:

Kindly open up new threads for additional questions as it will help us to focus on each issue and give you a better support which you deserve. Having a long threads makes the maintaining job harder and also it will be harder for the other customers to find the correct information if they have similar issues. You are always welcomed to reply to this thread to follow up the same question.

Thank you.

Thank you very much Christopher. You ve been very clear and I appreciate your suggestions and the link to the article.

Thank you!

You are most welcome!

1 Like

Hi again. Due to the several complications with “Under construction”, I decided to uninstall the plugin while still designing and making the changes I need.

I was in a meeting yesterday (not my device, not my IP), and when the client wanted to visit my site, it showed the “under construction” screen. ???

Now I want to check a page I ve just re-designed and it redirects to the old one, which has been deleted, and also shows “under construction” screen. !!??

How can this happen? I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, it is also showing the underconstruction page on my end.

It seems that the url /publicidad was set to display under construction but could not be removed even the plugin was deleted already.

We need to access your database and check it from there.Would you mind providing us your cpanel login in Secure Note

Thanks

Thanks, Paul. I provided my cpanel login above already. This post started 15 days ago. :slightly_frowning_face: I will provide it again in Secure Note.

It s became really complicated to use X lately. I hope you can solve this issue. Thanks.

Hey Luz,

The Under Construction plugin might not be compatible with your server configuration or conflicting with your old caching setup. I see you have custom rules in your .htaccess file including old configuration from a caching plugin. I tried resetting it but I got blank admin pages so I restored your htaccess configuration. I’m sorry but I’m not able to figure out which rule is causing the issue. And, one thing I discovered about the issue is that, it will only happen on the same browser you’re using to login in and out. What your users will actually see is the under construction page. To test that, you can check in another browser and also check in incognito mode and you’ll see an under construction page all the time (at least with all my tests). See the secure note for a sample that I recorded.

The Under Construction plugin has a current issue where it does not work in certain WordPress and / or server configuration. For example, it causes a redirect loop in one of my test servers and I tested a fresh WordPress install at http://poopy.life/ and Under Construction is working fine there. Logging in and out does not cause any issue.

If you can ignore the issue on your end, you can continue using the Under Construction plugin since your user won’t experience that since they could not login to your site. If not, regretfully, you would currently need to use a third party under construction plugin.

Thanks.

Thank you very much for your kind answer and your video!, Christian. I really appreciate it but I am not sure to understand this explanation.

• “The Under Construction plugin might not be compatible with your server configuration or conflicting with your old caching setup. I see you have custom rules in your .htaccess file including old configuration from a caching plugin.”

X and hosting are the same since my site was born. They born together as a matter of fact. I used “Under construction” before the X-Pro updating thing and I have had no problem ever. If I ve changed anything in htaccess file before, it was following a suggestion from themeco staff since I am not a developer and I really hate to touch any piece of code. As well as it was suggestion from the staff to validate X to receive automatic updates (time ago) but now I must manually install the child theme… Or to install W3 caching plugin (time ago) but now I had to delete it from back end… It is a pity that Apex has erased the former forum, otherwise I could see what rules the staff asked me to change before. What can I do now?

• “The Under Construction plugin has a current issue where it does not work in certain WordPress and / or server configuration.”

I dont understand this. It worked before.

• “it (the issue) will only happen on the same browser you’re using to login in and out. What your users will actually see is the under construction page. To test that, you can check in another browser and also check in incognito mode and you’ll see an under construction page all the time (at least with all my tests). See the secure note for a sample that I recorded.”

I am sorry, but I don t understand this, not even after watching your video. I am sorry. I don t know what browser my readers use. And I have tested the site in incognito mode as well. What should I do?

-“If you can ignore the issue on your end, you can continue using the Under Construction”

What does “ignore” mean on this context? And I have already deleted “Under construction” because it generates bad SEO on Google (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/error-503-with-under-construction-active/29100)

• “If not, regretfully, you would currently need to use a third party under construction plugin.”

Why I should use a third party plugin when “X-Under construction” was working before? Among other X features that are not working as they used to either, I regret to say…

I am really confused with all these issues with X. And with all the instructions that dont solve the issues too.

Please, I beg you, tell me what to do to solve these many issues and I will be glad to do it. Thank you!!

Hi,

It was a cache issue, I can see the page now on my end.

Please clear your browser cache again then go to this page

http://www.tangauta.net/publicidad/

Then do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5)

Thanks

Thanks Paul. I cleared my browser cache again, but still… https://prnt.sc/j7dwnj (incognito window).

And you can see it redirects to the older page which has been renamed “AAA Publicidad 2017” while designing the new one and then deleted, as well as “Under construction”… :confounded:

Please, find in my secret note below a screenshot from my ftp, with some information about changes on htaccess file. I hope it helps you to solve this major issue.

Thanks.