Under construction does not work

Hi there,

This looks like internal cache of your site, and your browser cache.

The first issue is Under construction isn’t displaying when logged out, and now, it always displays. I see similar issue and it’s due to host cache. I recommend cloning your site into different host just for testing and comparison.

Thanks!

Thank you Rad. Please, could you be so kind to provide me a guide to follow your recommendation? I don t know how to clone my site into a different host just for testing and comparision.

I have changed the url for that particular page so I can share it (I need to!). But, in addition, I ve made some changes to some other pages (using cornerstone). Those changes look fine on my backend and the pages were saved. But when I check them (incognito window or logged out), they remain exactly as they were before making any change. I hope this information help you to better understand the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

Can you try this.

Rename your current .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak then create a new .htaccess and add the code below as content.

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

Hope that helps.

Thank you Paul. I ve followed your instructions. I made a back up for the former .htaccess (htaccess 3 and 4 APR 2018 in case you want to read them) and I created a new one containing only the code you provided above. I cleared the browser and the site cache.

This is the situation now.

1. Dashboard is blank. I can see the left column but nothing else.

2. On my standard browser I can see my pages exactly as I designed them. The page I deleted shows the proper “Oops error” message.

3. On my incognito window, I can see my pages exactly as I designed them as well. EXCEPT for the page I deleted which is still showing “Under construction”

4. On my phone, I can not see all the changes I made on some pages… I have deleted some sections containing Essential Gric (which I decided not to use now), but the section is still visible as well as a message showing that Essential Grid is missed.

Hello There,

Thanks for the updates!

1.) Yes I can confirm this that the WP dashboard is displaying a blank screen. Most probably, this is due to a fatal error. Please enable the Debug mode so that we will find out what this error all about. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding define( 'WP_DEBUG' , true ); just above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
For example:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

I have tried your ftp access and I cannot login. The access is correct yet I always get disconnected.

2.) & 3.) This could be related to browser cache.

4.) Have you tried deleting the mobile phone browser cache or use private browsing mode? There is no other reason that I can think off. It must be the browser cache.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks RueNel, this is driving me completely nuts… :frowning:

2, 3 and 4) I have already deleted browser and site cache several, I mean several, times.

1. You will find in my secure note below the code from my wp-config.php
    Define WP debug is already written.

Thanks

Hello There,

I was able the logged in and I found out that Contact Form CFDB7 plugin is causing the issue.
Please check out the screenshot in the secure note.

With regards to the pages, could you please give us the url of the pages in question so that we can track down any redirects or errors on the page and where it is coming from?

Thank you in advance.

Thank you very much, RueNel.

If I am not mistaken, that plugin was installed after this issue began. It s been disabled now, I dont recall if I did or perhaps you did… Anyway, now that you found out that the plugin is causing the issue, how can it be solved for good? Uninstalling it would be enough or …?

I will copy the pages I remember in the secure note below.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

1. It’s due to cache, I changed the URL slug from /pub/ back to /publicidad/. Then try accessing that page with http://www.********.net/publicidad/?nocache=1 (just change the asterisks with your domain). And it will display the correct page instead of Under Construction page (in both standard and incognito) which means that this issue is due to cache.

2. I checked both standard and incognito and it looks the same, except for the ads.

Thanks!

Thanks for testing, Rad. Then, what should I do to solve the issue, because I ve followed all the instructions you (I mean support team, not “you”) told me to do and still…

Hi there,

Perhaps your hosting has some sort of caching? You could try disabling it.

When I check the header information of that page, the expiration date is Mon, 07 May 2018 05:29:02 GMT

Cache-Control: max-age=2592000 Connection: keep-alive Content-Encoding: gzip Content-Length: 8600 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:10:19 GMT Expires: Mon, 07 May 2018 05:29:02 GMT

Which confirms that cause of this issue, but there is no accessible option in your admin related to caching. So it might be something built-in to your host environment. You can also confirm it by visiting that page in incognito and press CTRL+SHIFT+R, and the page will load with latest date.

I recommend reaching to your hosting provider and see if they have cache feature that you can disable.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot, Rad. I will contact my hosting and I will copy your message above.

I will let you know as soon as I have any news. Thanks.

You’re most welcome!

Hello
I contacted the hosting. They made the change. They ve just said “I have disabled account server cache for you. You can now contact Developer and check”

Now?

Hi there,

They change seems to be working as now I see the page as intended on my browser.

Thanks Crhistopher. They seems to be working now. I hope they keep working this time. Thanks a lot.

You are most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.