Under construction does not work

Hello Theme.co Staff

I am doing some changes on my site and I wanted to use “Under construction” extension as I did many times before. Unfortunately it is not working since I still can see my site when I am not logged.

I ve read several posts on this forum about this issue but I can not find the solution yet.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi There,

Upon checking, I see that you’re still using the old X child theme which could be a potential conflict.

Could you please try downloading the latest child theme from your Themeco Dashboard, install it and move your child theme templates there. Also delete your under construction extension, re-install it again and configure again.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi mldarshana, thanks for your explanation but I don t know how to do what you suggest. Is there any tutorial to follow step by step. Thanks!

Hello @Tangauta,

Thanks for updating thread. :slight_smile:

You can refer our theme and plugin update guide for instructions on updating theme:

Thanks.

Thank you very much, Prasant. I will read this article and let you know if the problem is solved.

About the article (updating theme and plugins), I validated X product long ago and I usually receive automatic notifications in my dashboard. My X dashboard says everything is updated and I ve just checked (by clicking “check again”) and there is nothing to update.

Hi again,

I checked your site in couple of browsers without logging in and I am seeing the under construction page correctly (see screenshot)

I did some other tests and it still works fine. That might be the cache issue only.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks a lot, Nabeel. Indeed it is working now!!

What about the suggestions mldarshana made above? Still should I download a new child theme and install it and move my templates? In that case, I don t understand from where to where.

Thanks again!!

The problem now is… I still see the under construction page while being logged in. :unamused:

Hi @Tangauta,

As I checked your setup, while being logged in, under construction page is not showing already. As you can see in my image below:

Clear site and browser cache before checking your setup again.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you Nico. I did clear both site and browser cache before, but it seems it takes longer than expected. :slight_smile: Everything is working now. Thanks again!

Glad you were able to resolve it :slight_smile:

Hi again. I am afraid it is not completely solved. It seems that “under construction” is only working on homepage since I still can see some other pages (example 1, example 2) while logged out.

:confused:

PS: I cleared both site and browser cache again before checking this again…

Hello there,

Thanks for updating in!

I can confirm your issue on my end. It seems it is an Under Construction plugin issue.

It only shows the under construction page on those examples pages when I click the update button in X > Under Construction.

To fix this issue, kindly follow my colleague’s advise:

Upon checking, I see that you’re still using the old X child theme which could be a potential conflict.

Could you please try downloading the latest child theme from your Themeco Dashboard, install it and move your child theme templates there. Also delete your under construction extension, re-install it again and configure again.

For your convenience, here’s the guide on how to setup your child theme:

I validated X product long ago and I usually receive automatic notifications in my dashboard. My X dashboard says everything is updated and I ve just checked (by clicking “check again”) and there is nothing to update.

Yes it was already validated. The X dashboard will only show your latest theme version but not your child theme. That also applies if you install Pro theme.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your detailed reply and for having read the whole post before answering. I really appreciate it.

Well, following your advises…

1. I ve just installed the new version of child theme as suggested (according to these instructions)
  2. I ve just deleted and reinstalled “Under construction”
  3. I ve just cleared site and browser cache

But the problem remains as mentioned above.

Any other suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Try to deactivate All In One WP Security plugin first then check

Let us know how it goes!

Hi Paul. There is no third party plugin on my site now. Under Construction is the one and lonely active plugin. And of course, I cleared both site and browser cache. Again.

The problem still remains unsolved. :frowning_face:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello there,

I’ve checked the pages again, and the issue shows if you enable W3 Total Cache which is very obvious. I’ve checked permalinks and its okay.

I suggest you completely delete W3 Total Cache plugin as there are wp-config rules that were placed there that might trigger this issue. Here’s an article you can refer:

Also, please update the FTP login details on the secure note as it wasn’t working. Once you’ve handed it, we’ll do some WP debugging. If in case our efforts didn’t work, we will add this as bug to our issue tracker.

Thank you.

Thank you again Jumar. I will follow your guide and will let you know how it results. Thanks!