Unable to save edits to pages

When i make changes to a page and click the save button I get the message that the page Failed to Save.

Hey @waynepatt58,

Your case is similar to a thread that was resolved. Please try the solution suggested in the following thread:

Only if none of the suggested solutions help, please give us the following info in a Secure Note

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin usuername and password
  • FTP credentials (ask your web host if you’re not familiar)

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks

I do not have the ACF plugin. I deactivated all plugins apart from cornerstone and the problem persists. Mainly on the page I have noted in secure note.

Hello @waynepatt58,

When saving the page, there is an error 500. Please go to Tools > Site Health > Info > Server. You should be able to see the current server settings. You need to increase your PHP memory limit to at least 256MB and increase your PHP time limit to 300ms as well.

Kindly let us know how it goes.

I set my server to your recommendations but the page will still not save? Other pages will save, it just appears to be this page which is the main page we need. Could there be some error on the page preventing it from saving?

Hey @waynepatt58,

Because there is no error log in your site, the specific cause why the “editors picks” is unknown. But, it’s not because of X and Cornerstone for sure because it can’t be edited even in the default WordPress editor.

It is only your web host that can resolve that issue since they have full control over the server and they have the error logs of your site. Please have your web host edit the page in WordPress first so they see the error then have them fix the error shown in the screenshot below. Once the error is fixed, you should be able to save it in Cornerstone.

Alternatively, save the page as a template and create a new page then load the template in the new page.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.