Unable to edit Primary Menu

The primary menu was a time sink when adding/editing items in the past. Now the primary menu isn’t editable. The site has around 35 menu items and when editing, the icon spins.

Regarding troubleshooting:

• hosting co confirmed that the site is using the latest version of PHP/MySQL and increased timeout limit
  • turned off all plugins & tried editing–makes no difference
  • I’ve tried this workaround (see: Menu Editing VERY slow)
  • Using the latest versions of WP & plugins

Please advise.

Hi @mbpz,

Thank you for writing in, but what do you mean not editable? It looks perfectly fine to me, can you provide a screencast showing the issue.

In the meantime, please try editing it on your browser’s incognito/private mode where there are no browser extensions and caching involve.

Cheers,

Hi,

Thanks for responding!

I should’ve added a screencast initially and I should have mentioned I’ve tried is across five different browsers and their respective incognito mode as well.

Hello @mbpz,

It might be the issue of plugin conflict or cache issue. I would suggest you troubleshoot with a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings.

1. Testing For Theme Related Issue
  2. Testing For Plugin Conflict
  3. Theme Update
  4. Child Theme
  5. Css/Js Customization
  6. Increasing Php Memory Limit
  7. Disabling Cache
  8. Disabling Cdn
  9. Permalinks
  10. Version Compatibility

If none of those work, It would be best if you could copying your live website to your staging area. and send your details in a secure note so that we can investigate your setting without breaking your live site. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password
  • FTP Details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @mbpz,

Thanks for sharing the login details. I went ahead and checked your site. It seems that the menu is working fine at my end. I am using the Google Chrome version 91.0.4472.164. Please have a look at the given screen recording in the secure note. I would suggest you clear your browser cache and then check it again. Please make sure you have not installed any browser extension that is stoping any Javascript file execution.

Thanks