Unable to add progress spinner Contact Form 7

Hi there,

After some reading, it looks like the progress spinner that appears when a user clicks submit on a Contact Form 7 form has been removed from the theme.

My client is receiving up to 10 submissions of each form, as users keep clicking submit and seeing nothing happen until the sent message appears. I have added a note at the bottom of forms, telling users to only hit submit once, but not everyone sees it.

I’ve looked through the forum and have added the code to add it back, in the PHP file of my child theme. Please find it here Cannot get Loading .gif file Contact Form 7 working

I’ve tried disabling plugins, but the spinner is not coming up at all.

You can find one of the affected forms [here]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

A

Hello Alexis,

Thanks for writing in!

I have checked your site and this custom CSS is preventing the spinner from displaying:

.wpcf7 .ajax-loader {
    background-image: url(https://thegolfersacademy.ca/wp-content/plugins/contact-form-7/images/ajax-loader.gif);
    visibility: hidden;
    display: inline-block;
    width: 16px;
    height: 16px;
    border: none;
    padding: 0;
    margin: 0 0 0 4px;
    vertical-align: middle;
}

Please remove this code and test the form again. If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Best Regards.

@ruenel

Thanks Ruenel, I did remove that css from the functions.php, but no luck yet unfortunately.

We are actually just getting ready to migrate the site, at which time we will be setting up a staging site. Perhaps I’ll wait until that is set up in case you need to disable plugins or try a different solution which could create some downtime.

Let me get back in touch in a few days when that’s good to go…

Thanks again!

I did find one culprit for my forms taking really long to load, and it was a plugin called FLAMINGO. It captures a copy of all emails sent off the website so you can check on them later. Once i removed this, the loading time dropped to 3-5 seconds! Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hello @ChrisDeBruyne,

Thanks for sharing the information it might be helpful for others.

Have a great day!
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.