Uber Menu / ScrollTo Navigation issue with sticky header

Hello,

We are having an issue with our UberMenu / ScrollTo Navigation. w/sticky header:

we had almost the identical problem around a year ago, and it seems to have reoccurred with a recent WP (PRO?) update.

There is an issue when, if you attempt to reach an anchor menu from a different page , it initially lands at the correct section, and then 1 second later scrolls away a few pixels.

You can reproduce the bug by moving between the two pages that have scrolling (internal) anchor navigation:

1. https://s3x.6e6.myftpupload.com/who-we-are/
  2. https://s3x.6e6.myftpupload.com/what-we-do/

Note - The menu works correctly if you’re only try to reach links on the same page .

The JS used to implement the scrolling nav was taken from this post on the forum by Nabeel:

It seems like the scrolling might be getting hijacked by a different script?

Do you have any ideas please.

thanks

Hey @SFI_AUS,

I checked the source code of your site and there’s a custom JS added in Theme Options > JS. Please copy the JS code to a text file and remove all the codes in the Global JS (Theme Options > JS).

Also, try deactivating all 3rd party plugins and switching to the parent theme.

If none of those help, please copy your live site to a staging server and provide the following details in a Secure Note.

• Staging WordPress Login URL
  • Admin username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thanks.

Hi @christian
thanks for the reply.

there’s a custom JS added in Theme Options > JS .

Yes, I was aware that is there - i added it recently in the hope it would fix things (its removed now) Now the problem is different with it removed… now the scroll is always out by 110px (the height of the header)

Also, try deactivating all 3rd party plugins and switching to the parent theme.

i tried but no help.

Yes i will send you the login details via secure note please. fyi - this is just a Staging site.

thanks

Hey @SFI_AUS,

The issue you’re experiencing is related to a bug reported in this other thread.

The solution is to set the sticky bar to Position Absolute.

That will result to your content sticking on top of the screen so you need to add another Bar and set it to the same height as your sticky bar. This bar should be Position Relative. I confirmed this solution in your staging site.

Hope that helps.

Hi Christian, thanks - yes that seems to have fixed the isssue. cheers!

Glad to hear that.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.