Themeco templates STILL not showing after 6.1 update

Hi,

I am aware of the issue which has been resolved yesterday (issue with the asset server itself and hosting provider) as the themeco templates were not showing on a few of my websites.

I checked all of my sites (40 sites or so) this morning and everything is working fine BUT I still have the issue with one site and I can’t find where problem is after a few hours of uninstalling/reinstalling 6.1 - installing the previous version and update to 6.1 etc etc

I don’t have any plugin installed on the site and there is only one empty page.

Can you help and tell me what I am doing wrong ? Thank you.

admin details are in the secure note

Still looking into it… … if anyone can help me resolve this issue, it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you.

Hey Francis,

Thanks for writing in!

Bumping or self-replying the thread can push it back into the queue thus making it longer for us to respond.

Anyways, please make sure to open a document first so that you can view the Template tab and be able to click the “Template Manager”.

You can also click the “+” icon in the upper left corner to create a new document from a template:

Best Regards.

Hi @ruenel,

Thank you for your reply but I still don’t get it. Must be very stupid !!

I know about opening a doucument first and the “+” icon :wink:

I unistalled 6.1 but had the same problem so I decided to go for a fresh start.
I reinstalled WP and uploaded 6.1.2. but I still have the same issue.

I am talking about the column on the right. It should show the “Themeco” pages and sections as seen below :

but on this particular site I am talking about, there is nothing. It’s all empty.

AND

when I click on “launch” (cornerstone/sub menu), I get an error message

2023-02-14_145523 2023-02-14_145549

Can you help ?

1 Like

Hi Francis,

I have checked and found the problem you described here. There might be a problem with the improper update of Pro, might be due to an improper update of Pro, I would suggest you deactivate and delete the Pro and re-install the version by downloading it from your Themeco account and check if that resolves your issue.
If that does not help, please check if the mod_security is enabled in your site, which causes the issue in calling the Cornerstone endpoint to fetch the Design Cloud assets. And if that is the case, you need to contact your hosting service provider to temporarily disable the ModSecurity for you and make the Cornerstone endpoints whitelisted.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Hello, thank you for your reply, I deactivated/deleted and re-installed Pro a couple of times yesterday but still had the same problem.
I thought it could have something to do with the hosting service but was not too sure. I’ll contact them now and will let you know as soon as I have some news.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi Francis,

Sure.

:frowning:

Reinstalled PRO, didn’t work, I still have the same bug described in my previous post.
I disabled ModSecurity on the hosting service, re-installed WP and Pro but nothing changed.

Decided to revert to Pro 5.1.5 (as I can’f find the 6.0.7 version), design cloud works fine, cornerstone launches without problem.

Could be great to be able to download 6.0.7 if it is possible.

Thank you

Hello Francis,

Sorry for the inconvenience, I would suggest you please copy your live site to the staging server and then install the latest version of the Pro theme 6.1.2 and then share your login details so that we can check it on our end without breaking your live site.

Regretfully we don’t provide the older version of the theme.

Thanks

Thank you.

You can go straight to the live site as there’s nothing on it at the moment.

Pro 6.1.2 has been reinstalled.

Login details are in the secure note

Can you turn on WP_DEBUG for this site? See link if confused. From there we will probably see an error when we clear the cache in settings. Since your site has the older sites import still available I’m guessing this server just can’t talk with the newer assets. Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi,

Sorry to say I have the same problem. I don’t know what to do anymore (except revert to 5.1.5) as I have been trying to find a solution since the 11th of February.

I did everything.:
Deactivated Pro on my account, reinstalled it, check Modsecurity, set WP debug to true, (many times this week).
I even started from scratch again (twice) : deleted the WP module on the hosting service, created a new database, get WP, installed PRO 6.12 but no, I can’t get the themeco templates.

I think I will revert to 5.1.5 and wait for the next release which is a bit of shame. What I don’t undestand is why I have the problem with only ONE of my site.

If you have any clue what I should do ?..

Where is the debug log set to on your site? I’m guessing you didn’t get any messages on that? Should be a warning after you clear the cornerstone system cache when WP_DEBUG is on.

What I can guess is happening is that your server can’t talk with our asset server. Or another possibility our server is blocking your server for some reason. I would try to run the following on your server console to see what the response you are getting. Should just be standard JSON.

curl https://templates.theme.co/wp-json/asset-server/v1

HI Charlie,

That kind of warning ?

[20-Feb-2023 14:44:53 UTC] PHP Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/octavak/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/RemoteAssets.php on line 134
[20-Feb-2023 14:44:53 UTC] PHP Warning: foreach() argument must be of type array|object, null given in /home/octavak/www/wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/Services/RemoteAssets.php on line 91

Yes, that’s part of what I’m trying to figure out thank you! We might need SFTP access to really fix this one, but I’ll let you know after seeing what these warnings mean.

Ok! No worries for the FTP access, let me know

I think Cloudflare is blocking your hosting provider because of a perceived threat on that provider. See secure note for more info.

Hi Charlie, Thanks, I will contact OVH and see what they say and come back to you though I have to admit that I am a bit confused as nearly half of my clients are hosted by OVH and I have no problem with their sites.

The other thing that is confusing is, why am I able to use design cloud on 5.1.5

and on 6.1.2 and 6.1.3

but I can’t get the Themeco templates on 6.1.2 and 6.13

though I still can get some of them

Just for my curiosity, are the “design cloud” and “themeco templates” not located on the same server and is it the reason why I can get only some of the stuff ?
Does it mean that my hosting provider only blocks the access to the server where the themeco templates are located ?

I’m guessing the particular cluster that server is on had a bad actor at one point. It’s a little annoying so sorry this has happened.

So yes the new design cloud are on a new server. The others (like the site templates) are on a another server (not hosted by the same provider) so that explains why you can see some of them, but not all. The file I uploaded will tell you the domain of the new design cloud assets if that helps. The ones you can see in the themeco tab are starter templates that are included in the Cornerstone Js APP.

RIght, that is one point cleared ! I thought it could have something to do with different servers.

Yes, it is a bit annoying, especially as I am pretty sure I won’t be the only one having this issue in the future and I am a bit worried about updating other sites to Pro latest release.

Is there something that could be fixed on your side or has it to be done on the hosting provider side ?

Also,

1 / I deleted the file you uploaded…Oops (I suppose you were talking about the wp-test-templates.php ?)

2 / Coud this server thing be also responsilbe in getting a cURL error 77 when trying to installing 6.1.3 on another website ? Or is it another problem and I am not that lucky at the moment ?