Theme co pro header not showing on site

Hello,

This is a follow up to the ticket that we had left a couple of weeks ago, and we are still having the same problem with the header we built not showing when it has been assigned to sitewide.

Things we have done so far:
Cleared cache
Removed plugins
reinstalled WordPress
reinstalled Theme X
rebuilt the header

We are at the point of no good ideas left. In the last ticket, we were told it was a caching issue, and we have tried to follow their steps to clear the cache, but it is still not working for us.

Would you please advise where we can go from here?

Thank you for any help you can give

Old ticket: Header Changes not being Pushed to Front
Site: https://bba.voidappsdev.uk/

Hi Chris,

I have checked your website again and found the issue you described. Can you please copy your live site to a staging server so we could troubleshoot freely without breaking your live site?
And give us access in the secure note including:

– WordPress Site URL & Login URL
– WordPress Admin username/password

To create a secure note, click the key icon underneath any of your posts.

Thanks

I have added a secure note with the login details. This is a site that is still under development, so there is no need for a staging site

Hi Chris,

Upon further investigation, your website is using Cloudflare CDN. I suspect that is one of the reasons why the header is not showing properly because it is holding some cache. I suggest that you put your website in development mode in your Cloudflare account and let see how it goes.

Hope that helps.

thanks for getting back to us, we have already tried putting cloud flare into dev mode and we are still having the problem

Hi Chris,

Would you mind sharing with us your Cloudflare account so that we can check it? To do that, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• Cloudflare email address
  • Cloudflare password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

I’m sorry I am unable to share the logins to the cloud flare account as it has connections to customers sites, I am able to show you in screenshots anything you might need to see, please find attached an image showing dev mode activated. i have also just purged all cache on Cloudflare

Hey Chris,

Your custom header is now displayed on the entire site. What did I do? I went to Cornerstone > Settings > System and hit the “Clear Style Cache” button. I also deactivated your Hummingbird Pro plugin. This is best to turn ON when you are done creating the site and ready to go live.

Please check your site now.

Thank you that seems to be working now.
Can you let me know if there was anything else you did because we 100% tried that and it didn’t work for us.

Hello Chris,

It might be an issue cache that was not properly cleard. Glad that things are well for you and we were able to help you. Please feel free to open a new thread if you have any more concerns regarding our theme and theme settings.

Thanks

hello, we are having the same issue with the footer on the site, again we have clicked the clear cache button but it isn’t seeming to make any difference.

Hi Chris,

This issue has something to do with the cache. You can follow the suggestion given by my colleague @ruenel and please put your website in development mode in Cloudflare because it is also one of the reasons why the changes are not showing.

On the other hand, while you are still developing your website, I highly recommend disabling all your cache features then turn it on again once you are done developing it. In that way, all the cache files are up to date.

Hope that helps.

Hello thanks for getting back to us, I have cleared the cache and there is no caching setup on this domain. I have recorded the issue and me cleaning cache to show you please can you advise, as it seems your team are doing something else or I am mistaken on which cache cleaning button I am supposed to be using. we have built many sites using this theme on this hosting setup and for some reason, this one is having the problems

thanks for the help

Hey Chris,

Please try upgrading your PHP version to 7.4.

If that doesn’t help, please cPanel access to your Web Host.

Thanks.

okay I have updated tried changing the PHP version and it’s still not working, I will add the logins for Plesk as a secure note to this reply, the voidappdev.uk domain is used for multiple sites we are currently working on but the issue is just with the BBA site

Hey Chris,

The cause of the issue is Polylang but simply deactivating Polylang won’t help. To apply the custom footer, you need to follow the steps below:

1. Deactivate PolyLang
  2. Delete Footer Assignment and Save
  3. Add Footer assignment back and save
  4. Reactivate Polylang

That should keep the footer working until you save the footer again while Polylang is active. Unfortunately, it looks like PolyLang is overwriting the ID of the footer or removing it when the assignments are saved and the assignment rules are updated again. The same thing would apply to Headers and Layouts.

I’d recommend you use WPML for translations instead as that is the supported translation plugin.

Hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.