The Stuggle is Real with the new updates

Hi I’m struggling a lot with the way cornerstone looks and how to find where to update stuff… is there a video some where out there going over the changes?

current problem. I set up a blog with embedded videos and the embedded video is not showing up as a thumbnail on the blog page… The old cornerstone / x theme i could fix this with the new cornerstone / x them i’m lost. help lol and here’s a link to my ugly looking blog page with no pretty thumbnail images http://becauseadultingishard.com/index.php/blog/

Hello @Eyeappealdesign,

Thanks for writing in!

Could you please update to the latest versions?
Our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.2
  • Cornerstone 5.2.2
  • WordPress 5.6.2
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

If nothing is helping, provide us access to your site so that we can check your settings. Please create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WP login URL
– WP username
– WP password
– WP Administrator Role
- Confirmation that we can access and make changes to your site

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: How The Forum Works

Please let us know how it goes.

Hello @Eyeappealdesign,

Your Cornerstone is 5.2.1 while the X theme is 6.4.6. They are not compatible. Please go to Dashboard > Updates and make sure that everything is up to date. As I have mentioned in my previous response, our latest versions are:

• X theme 8.2.2
  • Cornerstone 5.2.2
  • WordPress 5.6.2
  • PHP 7.4

This latest release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog:

Kindly let us know how it goes once you have updated to the latest versions.

for some reason i will hit update an them log back in and nothing is updated why is that happening ?
but i have it updated again… however When i hit update Cornerstone it only updates to 5.2.1

also I have 7.4 php are you not see 7.4 on your end?
I aso have wordpress updated
and x theme updated 8.2.2

with all that being said still having the issues

Hello @Eyeappealdesign,

Thanks for updating in!

Are you expecting to display the videos like this?

If that is the case, this needs a template modification. Since what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released. After your child theme is setup, please review how we recommend making template changes in Customization Best Practices.

After the child theme is set up, please do the follwing:

• In your local computer, create a new file.
  • Insert this code into that file:
<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/CONTENT-VIDEO.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Video post output for Ethos.
// =============================================================================

$is_index_featured_layout = get_post_meta( get_the_ID(), '_x_ethos_index_featured_post_layout', true ) == 'on' && ! is_single();

?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
  <?php if ( $is_index_featured_layout ) : ?>
    <?php x_ethos_featured_index(); ?>
  <?php else : ?>
    <?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ! is_single() ) : ?>
      <div class="entry-featured">
        <?php x_ethos_featured_index(); ?>
      </div>
    <?php else : //if ( is_single() ) : ?>
      <div class="entry-featured mrm">
        <?php x_featured_video(); ?>
      </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <div class="entry-wrap">
      <?php x_get_view( 'ethos', '_content', 'post-header' ); ?>
      <?php x_get_view( 'global', '_content' ); ?>
    </div>
  <?php endif; ?>
</article>
  • Save the file and name it as content-video.php
  • Upload this file into your child theme’s folder, wp-content/theme/x-child/framework/views/ethos/. You need to create the folder path since it does not exist in your child theme yet.

Please note that the code provided above serves as a guide only and is to help you in getting started so implementing it and maintaining the code will be out of our support scope and for further maintenance for new possible versions of the theme that may cause the customization to break, you will need to hire a developer.

Best Regards.

thank for that. I have another issues going on with this theme when i click customize i don’t get any options.
see screen cast of what is happening https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfay33qtj9m388t/help.webm?dl=0

Hi @Eyeappealdesign,

That’s due to the permalink settings, I went ahead and set it with %postname% which resolves the issue.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.