Text formatting in editor is off

Hello, We noticed that in your ‘content area’ component in the text editor the text is wrapping in odd places. It doesn’t fill in the row before wrapping and leave huge white space. In certain circumstance’s the word that got wrapped would of fit in the sentence to fill the row.

I played around with switching from html to richtext and it reset the formatting to work properly

Hello @agorder,

Thanks for writing in! Please be advised that the content area has been deprecated in the latest release of the theme. You may need to change it to Raw Content element instead.

Best Regards.

Thanks, What do you recommend to use for large amounts of text? Raw Content still?

Also, Curious as to why it was deprecated? How long will content areas be supported and will there be any updates to change all content areas to raw content?

We have quite a bit of Content areas in our website this new change is potentially a breaking change.

Hi @agorder,

Hope you have a nice day, Yes, it was deprecated because it helps clean up the element library a bit when it comes to redundancies (we added the current Raw Content element later on) the only advantage Content Area has over Raw Content is you get a margin control and a wrapping div… but most of the time those aren’t utilized. And if you do need them, you can just use a Div and put the Raw Content inside it.

With that said, the Content Area element that is on your previous page builds should still be recognized by the Theme/Cornerstone and should not break.

Can you provide us a direct link (and a screenshot) where we can see the issue? so we can have a better look.

Thanks,

Hello,
Yes, I see that the Content element has been removed. I also have used Content in many pages on many sites! I don’t mind it being removed, but the new Raw Content elements don’t appear to have any rich text editing! I find this essential when creating pages. How do I edit (except for plan HTML coding) content areas?

Hi @tuckers_kahuna,

In that case, please use the Text element.

Thanks,

OH MY!!! I didn’t know about it. I like how much you’ve built this out with features! Thank you!

1 Like

@tuckers_kahuna,

Wait you mean you’re using Content Area element for adding all body-copy? I’m glad I’ve pointed you in the right direction.

Have a good day,
Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.