Still all behind

Hi, I posted on here before but was unable to do much with it as i lacked the confidence. Otiginal post. I’m all behind here - mobile menu gone

Basically I updated the site etc but the mobile menu died. A chap found I was using the X 4.0.1 with Cornerstone at 7.2.6. I was told to

1. Delete the existing Cornerstone
  2. Update the X theme to the latest version on automatic updates.
  3. After the X theme is updated, use the link in the dashboard to automatically install the Cornerstone . It will be in the latest version.

Ive finally got the site on a staging server but cannot update X.

if i hide cornerstone the site kinda reaks (which Id expect)… but as there is no option anywhere to update X I’m stumped.

Also, the active theme is an X child theme.

any ideas

Hi Keith,

If you are facing any issue while deactivating the Cornerstone please activate any default theme, and then try to deactivate. After that, I would suggest you try to update the X by following the given steps. If that does not help, please delete the X and re-upload it by downloading from your Themeco Account, and then follow the same steps.

Hope it helps.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but there is no way I can download the x theme. I simply do not have that option showing anywhere

I’ve activated twenty twenty three default theme ,but can not see a way of deactivating cornerstone anywhere in wordpress

Do I have to re-buy X to make this to progress in some way?

Hello Keith,

Please go to Appearance > Themes and update the X theme. You may also do it in Dashboard > Updates > Themes.

Best Regards.

Tried this several times, but I can find no ‘update’ option on the appearance/themes page. It simply isn’t there.

Hello @Keith13,

To help you with your concerns we need to check your setting, I would request please share the admin login details meanwhile I would suggest you troubleshoot a few of the common issues before we investigate your settings. Please share your details in a secure note. Please provide the following details

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin-level username and password
  • FTP login details

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts

Thanks

Hi, trying to share now

Hi Keith,

I have checked your staging website and found that the X theme is not installed and the Cornerstone is already deactivated. I would suggest you download the latest version of Cornerstone from your Theme Account, and reupload it.

Thanks

I have just logged in and seen the staging server is no longer working.

Someone has since I granted access removed the X theme, the child theme and deactivated cornerstone.

How is this helping?

How can I download the latest version of the X Theme. It was paid for and installed by a developer some years ago

Do I have to re- buy it? and for the $79 do I get X, the child theme and Cornerstone.

Sorry its very difficult to work this out from your web site

Hi @Keith13,

I don’t see an X license on your account so that could be the problem (only Cornerstone Standalone which does not include X). If it was purchased by a developer years back, the best option would be to purchase a new X license here and add it to your account. Once you have done that, this article explains how to properly install and validate. If you need anything beyond that, feel free to let us know!

Hi all,

Ok, I met with he owners today, told them what’s happened and re-bought it, installed it and its definitely solved the issues I was having from crashing through to the hamburger menu failing

Many thanks for your help.

The owner of the site is going to be pleased and Im pretty certain they are ready to march ahead with some new changes.

In fact, Im so stoked, if there is a Classifieds plugin that will work with X, I think I am going to buy another licence and build a site

Hey Keith,

We’re glad that it is now working properly on your end.

Cheers!

Its Good Here… but Thats only on the staging server.

How to I update their main site now. The person from there that logged into the staging server site took something out, so when I uploaded X it worked.

On the main site obviously I can’t do that or they won’t have a site. So what’s the process

Just upload the X Theme, or remove the Cornerstone somehow (can’t disable it as no option) and hop for the best.

Does the licence of X I bought automatically upload the latest version of cornerstone as well?

Confused

Hello Keith,

If you already have the latest X theme 10.4.9 version, go to the plugins section and deactivate the Cornerstone plugin. Delete it from your plugins. Go to X Panel and install the latest Cornerstone plugin bundled in the theme.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.