Slider Revolution: The Upgrade

Hi there,

So I am starting to play with Revolution Slider a little more and see its power. It looks like I need to purchase a $29/year subscription to unlock all of the hundreds or templates and assets… is that right?
If so…can any of you say that it is worth it?? The additional features look pretty cool.

Thanks for any advice.

Marty

Hey Marty,

Thanks for writing in! Yes, you are correct. You need to purchase a separate plugin license to unlock the exclusive features, add-ons and templates. It should be worth it.

Best Regards.

When implementing Revolution Slider, do you recommend using the newer 'Slider Inline or the Classic Revolution Slider…or Raw Content? Which is the best way?
Marty

Hello @MartinRayVaughan,

You can use the Classic Revolution Slider element to render the Slider Revolution. In case you have not seen the doc of the Classic Revolution Slider element please have a look at it.

Hope it helps
Thanks

After reviewing I have a related question…

If I wanted to have different sliders at the top of various pages, I could go a bout this in a few ways:

Create different headers ( in Pro) and assign headers to the appropriate pages.
Create pages and choose ‘No Header’ layouts, then put the appropriate sliders ‘Above Masthead’ when building the pages.

Do you have an opinion on which is more effective or efficient?

Thanks!
Marty

Hello @MartinRayVaughan,

Please note if you select the page template with the No Header for example “Blank - Container | No Header”, “No Footer, Blank - No Container | No Header, No Footer”, “Blank - No Container | No Header, Footer”, etc then there won’t be Slider settings available in the page settings. In case you don’t want header in the page then you will have to use the silder short code in the Raw content element or Classic Revolution Slider element in the page content with the help of page builder.

To insert the slider to the page you can take any approach which is convenient to you since you have both the options available. I personally like to use the builder to insert the sider so that I can avoid page edit through the default page EDIT option.

Hope it helps
Thanks

Thanks @ prakash_s

I’ve just purchased the upgrade and I’m wondering…what if I wanted to essentially start my Home Page from scratch (www.martinrayvaughan.com), which is currently rocking the Ethos template. How would you go about that?
Frankly, I don’t get enough web traffic to care if it all goes under construction LOL.

Marty

Hello Marty,

You can simply go to Pages, and create a new “home July 2022” page. Published and edit it in Cornerstone. You can basically design the new homepage from scratch with this page. Once you are satisfied with your design and ready to replace the current homepage of you site, simply go to Settings > Reading > Your Homepage Displays and then assign “home July 2022” as your homepage.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks @ruenel!
I’ve decided to switch to the Icon Simple theme as I think it will be a cleaner background to play with the Revolution slider paid version.

Does switching between multiple sites from Design Cloud clutter up my website at all or affect my sites performance? I’ve switched a few times!

M.

Hello Marty,

If you import the Icon Simple, the current Cornerstone > Theme Options settings will get overwritten. It also adds other pages, menus, styling, etc. So, yes it will clutter up your website. You can start a fresh install and then import the Icon Simple Theme if you want to start anew.

Best Regards.

and you mean just a fresh install of X, not wiping and re-installing Wordpress itself, right?

Hello @MartinRayVaughan,

You need to re-install the WordPress and then install the fresh copy of X theme then import it. You may use the WP Reset plugin as well to make the WordPress installation as the default WordPress installation.

Hope it helps
Thanks

OK thanks, I’ve re-installed everything and have a clean slate. (Feels good!).

Silly question…why am I having trouble finding the Icon full website install?? Where are full site templates listed? In design cloud I am only seeing wire frames and other assets. Where are the full sites like Icon, Renew, ect?

Found this in forum… is this still the case??

" Thanks for writing in! The demo content is not available in Pro theme . The demo content and customizer manager is an exclusive feature of X theme.

If you want to have a demo please do this:
1.) Please install X theme first and activate.
2.) Go to X > Overview > Demo Content and import the preferred demo.
3.) Deactivate X theme and
4.) Activate Pro theme."
(from 2017)
-------------- UPDATE ------------
I have re-installed a regular license of X on a fresh WP install, activated everything, and I STILL do not see Demo content anywhere. When I go to design cloud it is still just showing individual assets and wireframes. It even says ‘Pro Navigation’ as if my Pro license is still in Cache somewhere but that shouldn’t be the case.

Hey @MartinRayVaughan,

The thread you’ve found no longer applies. Please take the info from old threads with a grain of salt. You install or activate the Pro theme again.

You should be able to install a demo site inside the Design Cloud. Your screenshot doesn’t look like the Design Cloud. The screen recording below shows how to get to the Design Cloud so you can follow it. Or, replace example.com with your domain and open it up in the browser you used to log in to your WordPress site.

example.com/cornerstone/launch/design-cloud

To install a demo site, just click on the picture and follow the instructions in the pop up.

Thanks.

Nope, https://www.martinrayvaughan.com/cornerstone/launch/design-cloud is a 404.

When I click on Cornerstone–>Design Cloud I do NOT see what you see… I see the following:

Hey @MartinRayVaughan,

Your login credentials don’t work. Please check.

While waiting, please try Resetting the Permalinks and test if the issue will persist after that.

Thanks.

Resetting Permalinks did the trick. THANK YOU

Glad to hear that, @MartinRayVaughan.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.