Site import get stuck

I installed X theme in local using ampps.
I am trying to import a theme from the cloud but the import process get stuck on the initializing. I already fixed all the settings as described here:

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for reaching out.

It would be hard to troubleshoot since it’s on your local, would you mind providing screenshots of the errors you’re getting while importing? Please check this https://wordpress.org/support/article/using-your-browser-to-diagnose-javascript-errors/

Thanks!

Here are the warnings in the console:

"

Cornerstone detected PHP Errors while generating an AJAX response. Logging errors…
E_WARNING: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www---------\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 2024.
E_WARNING: mysqli_query(): Error reading result set’s header in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www--------\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 2024.
E_WARNING: mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www---------\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 2024.
E_WARNING: mysqli_query(): Error reading result set’s header in C:\Program Files\Ampps\www---------\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 2024.

"

Hey Francesco,

Thanks for providing a screenshot of the error. It’s because of your MySQL configuration. Base on this MySQL documentation, you must increase the wait_timeout and the max_allowed_packet until the import works.

It’s important to note that this is not actually an issue with our theme but a limitation with your software and/or hardware. We do not provide support for server setup issues so you need to consult with a local server configuration professional if you’re not sure how to do what’s suggested in the link I’ve provided.

If could consider changing your AMP software, that might be a solution too. Try Local by Flywheel or Laragon.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding.

Awesome, I solved the problem with Laragon.
Thank you for the support

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.