Shortcodes and Custom Content in Blog Posts

I don’t get it. X used to have a bunch of shortcodes (I know I can enable legacy shortcodes in the settings) that where well documented here in the Themeco Docs. Slowly over time, they’ve been pushed to the side and hidden from view more and more which is understandable for stuff like page building.

However, I don’t understand how / what a viable replacement for these old shortcodes are for Blog Posts and text based “Articles” is with all the new Global Blocks etc. I run / have a very simple blog that I’ve been using X standard on for a while now and use Shortcodes to add basic things like pull quotes, etc.

I’m not sure how long it’s been but I can’t even find the old Shortcode example pages or documentation for these that used to exist on the site (each stack had its own shortcode syntax and examples). All the official docs I stumble across talk about Global Blocks being all and mighty and in some ways, I guess they are but what do I do if I just want to create a Quote, or Callout at the end of one of my Blog posts?

I apologize for the frustration but this has been a trend over the last couple years in X and I’m just more and more lost. I understand how all the new stuff works for building entire pages etc, but something simple like wordpress’s “post” option seem to have been ignored. Features like Shortcodes are depreciated without any viable replacements?

I would really appreciate it if someone could explain this to me; there has to be something I’m overlooking but I can’t find anything in the Docs to help me understand.

Hi @clovisd,

Thanks for reaching out!

We’re sorry if you are having this kind of issues but the shortcodes are still working using the X theme. Would you mind sharing us more information about your problem? sharing screenshots/videos indicating your issue is a big help. On the other hand, there could be some custom codes or plugins that causing your issue.

I recommend the following troubleshooting procedures before we investigate the settings.

1. TESTING FOR THEME RELATED ISSUE
  2. TESTING FOR PLUGIN CONFLICT
  3. THEME UPDATE
  4. CHILD THEME
  5. CSS/JS CUSTOMIZATION
  6. VERSION COMPATIBILITY

Only if none of that helps, please give us the following information in a Secure Note.

• WordPress Login URL
  • Admin level username and password

You can find the Secure Note button at the bottom of your posts.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.