X Documentation has gotten worse - Can't find anything... [Shortcodes, Icons, etc]

Hey there,

Title says it all, all the old documentation links are broken, don’t work, and no new alternatives seem to eists in the current “new” docs.

For example: http://theme.co/x/demo/renew/1/shortcodes/icons/

There is no documentation on Icons, Shortcodes, etc. Everything seems to have vanished and / or no longer exist. Multiple references to “legacy” but no way to use these in the current docs when even mentioned?

I tried to open and ask this similar question in the past and only got a Copy Paste standard answer that didn’t address any of my questions: Shortcodes and Custom Content in Blog Posts ; then it got locked before I could respond.

Is the only way to insert an icon or any other content in a Blog / 3rd party plugin space etc: Creating a Global Block, making that block be a standalone icon, and then inserting that globalblock shortcode into a blog post to use an Icon in said post?

I can’t be the only one to think X has been going backwards, both Pro and standard X over the last couple years. At least in terms of documentation and support. Searching the forums / support archives just links to a bunch of old pages that no longer exist either.

Hey @clovisd,

We’re sorry for the lack of explanation in the other thread. The standard troubleshooting steps were advised because you said the Shortcodes were depreciated and that’s not the case.

That is why the OLD X shortcodes were mentioned that it still works to this day. It’s just the documentation that we have removed as we don’t want users to use it anymore because using “code”, in general, is prone to user error and that is why we strongly recommend the use of Global Blocks.

If you still wish to use the old shortcodes, as you already know, you can use the Legacy Shortcode builder. The link you posted also contains the old shortcodes.

Hope that helps and thank you for understanding that shortcodes are generally an old way to work. In fact, WordPress developed the Block Editor partly to do away with shortcodes. Shortcoded still work though including ours.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.